JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to put an ad up for my HK, but all I see are ads from Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Am I even permitted to post an ad since I'm from Ohio? I read SOME of the forum rules...but they go on forever and I decided it would just be easier to ask...

Yes it would be Ok but your buyer is going to have to deal with a LOT of expenses

Your FFL shipping the handgun over night to a FFL here then the cost of the BGC and in WA the taxes.

your looking at a sale from Ohio to Oregon costing

FFL on your end at least 20.00
Shipping via overnight UPS or FEDEX 85.00 for a 3lb package
FFL on buyer end at least $20.00
Back ground check $10.00

so a buyer from Oregon is going to have to spend at least $135.00 just to get the pistol here

That makes it hard to sell a hand gun across the country person to person

I do not think the shipping has to over night. I just purchased a pistol from Florida and shipping was 30 bucks. 2 day priority I think.

Mark is right on all the other stuff though. FFL on both ends and yes tax in WA it sucks.

So tax is more out there? I have never shipped a pistol FROM an FFL, but always TO an FFL.
Here in Ohio the majority of us ship 2nd day, some even ship regular ground....I hear....I don't know. I've shipped guns to other states, and don't recall much in the way of excessive costs in shipping or taxes.....at least nothing that the buyer complained about.

You need to make sure exactly what the law says before shipping. I know no one is allowed to ship a handgun via ground across state lines.

Edit:

Oops, missed a word that made my most of my post invalid! Sorry.:)

An FFL can ship a handgun to another FFL and it does not have to go overnight. If the transfer fees are reasonable, the lower shipping costs will offset some of that.

Anyway, unless it's a great deal on a more expensive handgun, it doesn't usually pencil out.

You are right it has to be overnight.

Not true. I just had a pistol shipped FFL to FFL and it is going priority. If this was the case almost all the FFLs on Gun Broker would be breaking the law. Every auction I see is for priority mail. If you are a private party shipping to a FFL I think you are required to overnight it. And yes some FFLs will not accept from a Private Party.

Ok just did a little more reading. UPS/Fed Ex require overnight shipping of a handgun. Not the law it is there policy. As for USPS they will ship them but only from one FFL to another FFL. They will not accept a pistol from a Private Party.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top