JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
50 yards is a bit close.... I was thinking about 100 yards and presumably a larger target since i dont know how large the ones posted above are. As for the rules or other specifics we can hammer that out soon. I was just seeing if there was some interest.

I find it amusing how many people actually shoot rifles at targets that can be placed on a pistol range. The purpose of the rifle is to extend your distance and lethality. Even 100 yards is pretty close for a decent rifle. At 100 yards with good technique and a 1 MOA or better rifle your groups should be 1" or better. Even with iron sights a quality rifle can produce very tight groups. I suppose we can get our feet wet with a 50 yard course of fire but this doesnt even begin to address the accuracy potential in some rifles such as the K31.

Lazyeye,I printed off youir target,but it'll be a week or 2 before the next range trip...work ya know. :(
Mine will be 10-22 ,scoped,either from a bench . My 10-22 is bone stock with a horrible trigger,but will be fun to see what I can do when getting 'serious' with it.

Well if and or when this occurs I would imagine that an adequate amount of time would be provided to shoot the event. I'm thinking six to ten weeks to shoot, score, and enter the targets to the designated person who will officially score and post scores in the forum. This is the perfect time for me to dust off the Romanian M1969 trainer.

Well, I dont have a .22 that I would be willing to put up against any elses, however I do have a .204 Ruger that I would be willing to better someone with!:s0155: Let me know if there will be a small bore centerfire shoot, and I'm there.. say when.. (hunting can wait..) Assuming its in Washington.. OreGONE is a bit far.. plus.. I cant pump my own gas..

Well that sounds terrific!!! Small bore center fires count????? Cause if they do... oh baby... its on! although.. I guess at 50 yards.. with a scoped .204 it wouldnt really be "fair".... (Im am so gonna laugh my butt off if I dont even hit the target at 50 yards!!!!:D

Northwestfirearms.com

.22LR rifle Postal Match:

Okay guys here is my proposal for this match. The .22LR rifle is one of the most owned firearms in the American gun owner's inventory. This competition is for .22 LR rifles of bolt, single shot, pump, or semi-automatic variants. Below are the categories that I propose for this match.

Categories:

Category 1.
Rifles: Stock .22 rifle
Sights: Iron sights only
Position: Unsupported off hand (standing) for 5 shots (1 target), Bench (supported on front end of rifle only) for 5 shots.
Distance: 100 yards
Target: Hoppes 9 Competition 100 yard small bore rifle target.
Course of fire: 2 targets, 5 shots each.

Category 2.
Sights: Scope or other non-iron sight aiming device
Position: Unsupported off hand (standing) for 5 shots (1 target), Bench (supported on front end of rifle only) for 5 shots.

Category 3.
Rifles: Any modified .22 rifle

Category 4.

The target listed above may be available to you at local retailers. The item number is A14. This target should be quite visible at 100 yards due to the contrast of orange and black colors. The target can be located at the following url: <broken link removed>

After shooting is complete please score your own targets, identify the category that you are shooting, and submit to (A person to be determined no later than dd/mm/yy) for final processing. There is a maximum of 100 points possible and as usual the "X" is still considered 10 points however is a superior shot when compared to other "10s" for the purpose of determining a winner when scores are tied. When submitting targets please elaborate as to the origin, model, and date of manufacture for the rifle used. Additionally, The type of ammo and or its loading data(of course this is irrelavent here) would also be of interest here.

Please review this and offer any comments or recommendations in the forum. Please remember that this is only a proposal at this point and is not an active match.

Northwestfirearms.com

.22LR rifle Postal Match:

Okay guys here is my proposal for this match. The .22LR rifle is one of the most owned firearms in the American gun owner’s inventory. This competition is for .22 LR rifles of bolt, single shot, pump, or semi-automatic variants. Below are the categories that I propose for this match.

Categories:

Category 1.

Category 2.

Category 3.

Category 4.

The target listed above may be available to you at local retailers. The item number is A14. This target should be quite visible at 100 yards due to the contrast of orange and black colors. The target can be located at the following url: <broken link removed>

After shooting is complete please score your own targets, identify the category that you are shooting, and submit to (A person to be determined no later than dd/mm/yy) for final processing. There is a maximum of 100 points possible and as usual the “X” is still considered 10 points however is a superior shot when compared to other “10s” for the purpose of determining a winner when scores are tied. When submitting targets please elaborate as to the origin, model, and date of manufacture for the rifle used. Additionally, The type of ammo and or its loading data(of course this is irrelavent here) would also be of interest here.

Please review this and offer any comments or recommendations in the forum. Please remember that this is only a proposal at this point and is not an active match.

Sounds great :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads