JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's a 'DOH!!! moment? It's that instant you realize you were doing, or saying something incredibly stupid and you should have known better (See: Simpson, Homer). Here is mine from this weekend:

I had just finished installing a CMC Drop-in trigger into one of my AR lowers. This is the third time I've changed out triggers on my different AR lowers, so I was VERY confident I knew what I was doing. I put everything back together, finished torquing down the pistol grip and went to check everything out.

Cock the hammer - Check
Safety on - Check
Hammer Doesn't fall -Check

Cock the hammer - Check
Selector switch to fire - Check
Hammer Falls - Check (of course I was holding it)

Cock the hammer again - move the selector back to Safe....and....WTF??
The selector switch does a complete 360. Ummmm....that's not right....so I figure the detent spring/pin are misaligned (or fell out) so I loosen the pistol grip. Nope Everything is where it should be. So I carefully re-torque everything and try again....Safety - Check: Fire - Check: but the selector switch is still just turning and turning.

Of course being the smart trouble shooter that I am, I repeated the EXACT same process 2 more times (with the exact same results...big shocker there). Finally I decide to walk away for a little bit before I wedge my nice new lower into the drywall of my garage.

It was still bugging me when I went to bed last night, but I thought a good night's sleep might clear my head. Then at 4:00 this morning it hit me.....I had put the safety in the wrong way....instead of the selector switch being on the left side of the lower....I had it on the right..........

homer-doh.jpg

homer-doh.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top