JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I use the heck out of my rifles. My cousin commented before that my HD gun "looks like its been through hell and back" as if it were a bad thing. His LE6920 has been in is safe for 10+ years and probably has only 1000 rounds through it at the most.
Lets see your beat up, disgusting, high round count, battle worn, destroyed yet fully functional and reliable AR's!! (Please NO CERAKOTE, REAL WEAR ONLY) I'll post mine to this thread when I get back to WA state, as I am still in CA and not allowed to have them here hehe.

Hah! You expect most AR owners to wear them down that much! They'd rather buy a new lower after it got one scratch on it. You'd be better off asking the AK crowd.

I dont have anything to share with mine. Its got some smalls scuffs and whatnot. Carried it down rocked river beds and whatnot. Just not enough....two toung kids are to blame for THAT! Lol

I'm honestly surprised nobody had anything to post. The ARs I have look like they've been in service for years and I've never used them in combat lol. My AK is actually a lot less battle worn than my ARs as I hardly use it

I've got a slightly battered DTI Sport Lite. Laugh if you will, but it has proven to be 100% reliable and reasonably accurate even after being abused for years.

<$500 when new, I've added an ALG Defense trigger, FailureZero NiB BCG (actually bought for a different gun which is still under construction), MOE SL grip, A*B Arms handguard (highly recommend) and LWRC stock... most of that stuff was taken from other guns and/or bought used. I've kept the A2 FSP for use with the MaTech mil-spec rear sight and added a Vortex Strikefire ll. The sling is a budget-friendly BLACKHAWK bungee job. Fresh scars and scratches generally get a touch-up with a B/C paint pen which help account for its "pristine"-looking condition in the photo. The Sport Lite comes without a shell deflector aft of the (coverless) ejection port so it gets plenty of brass hitting the lower reciever. In grand hillbilly fashion, a piece of strategically-placed, specially-designed, pressure sensitive tactical duct tape keeps the damage to a minimum.
20191212_093846.jpg
"Better" guns have come and gone but this one stays around. I'm not married to it, it's just a tool... but it works and it's lack of a premium name keep its value much higher for me personally that it's resale price would account for.

Last Edited:
I'm honestly surprised nobody had anything to post. The ARs I have look like they've been in service for years and I've never used them in combat lol. My AK is actually a lot less battle worn than my ARs as I hardly use it

I try to take care of my firearms. A clean and well cared for tool is a happy tool. :)

Unless you guys are just using your rifles to go to and from the range, I dont know how you help but get some wear and tear on em. I hate the first couple scratches on a new rifle but After that I just have to let go. I do a lot of offtrail hiking and rifles get wet, muddy, set on the ground, occasionally dropped. They get banged around with other guns, rubbed on buckles/snaps. I dont know, I've never intentionally been hard on a rifle but they do get used. Obviously some rifles are to nice to be used like that but not AR's/AK's.

I just think the whole faux battleworn finish thing is goofy.
Same I dislike it. I like real wear. That's why I like the real battle worn look and want to see some pix. Some of my ARs that I rattle canned and have ran in classes and training look like they've been dragged behind a car for a year lol

Problem is I build guns so fast I haven't had a chance to even wear the paint off of some of then yet! Or I start to get some wear and swap parts and have to repaint.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top