JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That thing is begging for AN-PEQ in front of the FSB.

Yeah it is!

And I'm begging for the $10G needed to get set up with said PEQ, a decent set of white phosphor binos, Helmet, Wilcox mounts etc...:s0108:

Definitely on the wish list, but I'm poor. It's going to be a while.:(
In the meantime I might get one of those Chinese knockoffs just for aesthetics... I hear some of them actually have decent visible lasers in them.

Yeah it is!

And I'm begging for the $10G needed to get set up with said PEQ, a decent set of white phosphor binos, Helmet, Wilcox mounts etc...:s0108:

Definitely on the wish list, but I'm poor. It's going to be a while.:(
In the meantime I might get one of those Chinese knockoffs just for aesthetics... I hear some of them actually have decent visible lasers in them.

I feel your pain.

Two fresh views of the C8... tri-rail's a temporary Airsoft part until either I figure out my way around ATF Form 6 or BCM starts popping made-in-USA versions again.

R83sUFb.jpg
wwKvUVI.jpg
Light is a cobbled-together Surefire G2 MacGyverization meant for my "Rockpile Field Mod" M4, Velcro strap holding the tape-switch on the VFG is borrowed from my laptop's headphone cable.

Two fresh views of the C8... tri-rail's a temporary Airsoft part until either I figure out my way around ATF Form 6 or BCM starts popping made-in-USA versions again.

View attachment 616053
View attachment 616054
Light is a cobbled-together Surefire G2 MacGyverization meant for my "Rockpile Field Mod" M4, Velcro strap holding the tape-switch on the VFG is borrowed from my laptop's headphone cable.

Can you explain the tri-rail? I guess I don't understand how a rifle part could require an ATF form. I know it always depends on the part. :)

Can you explain the tri-rail? I guess I don't understand how a rifle part could require an ATF form. I know it always depends on the part. :)
It's that thing clamped around the barrel and FSB. Apparently "rail systems" are considered "ITAR restricted Weapons of War" when imported.

Funny that an almost identical item made in China gets a pass because it's for an "airsoft toy" even though it's a perfect fit on live parts, yet I can't import the real thing from a buddy in Canada...

Does it have a surppessed barrel
No, the C8 SFW and C8A3 use a heavier barrel profile than an M4, and has a "Simon Sleeve" adapter for old-school rifle grenades. BCM's version, as I have, is stretched 0.3" from the Colt Canada original for NFA compliance. (16.0" vs 15.7")

EDIT to consolidate replies: A can would be a whole lot fatter... :p

Last Edited:
C8 in Larry Vickers's collection:
EcopdM0ehHAg8ER25o3mIuFmRDs&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
19401867_1418098764945194_2056042553317349485_o.jpg

His uses incorrect black rail and scope covers, and an experimental/commercial sling mount, while mine is closer to current issue for our northerly neighbors. OTOH, mine is unlikely to get an optic anytime soon, and I need a source for a green CAR-type recoil pad. :(

I'll shoot this one this weekend and see how she does. I'm hoping it shoots as good or better than another rifle with the same barrel....Just put this new barrel on and replaced the ACS with a PRS. Balances well:
7IV5ffu.jpg

I'm hoping for sub moa, like it's brother from a different mother...:p
lvSgK1N.jpg
3IJDBrp.jpg
3yTt2jU.jpg

I'll try my Northtech's load and have been wanting to try some 77TMK loads as well, so that will happen this weekend!!!!!:s0133:

Last Edited:
Here's my first build. First AR. First rifle even lol. Definitely won't be my last though, I have 4 lowers in the closet just waiting for me to turn them into bullet dispensers.

20190909_154944.jpg

@oa98pistol512 Check out this thread over on M4C for similar "maritimizing" ideas.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top