JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow! I don't think there is anything Magpul on here!
24a59c.jpg

Seriously though, nice job on managing to not put any magpul furniture on an AR. Lancer mags bonus points. o_O

God help me I can't stop... Only like 2 more after this 3 at the most... and the ones I build for my kids don't count! Rationalization: I got too good of a deal on a Balistics advantage Hansen 16" barrel(5.56 mid gas, 1:7) and I had that Mega rec. set in need of a purpose.
I bought the handguard from a member last night and threw this together..
View attachment 429295 View attachment 429296
Wow! I don't think there is anything Magpul on here!
Mega Gator Upper/Lower
BA hansen 16" Barrel 5.56
Guntec Ultralight slim keymod hg
mission first tac minimalist stock
Diamond head aluminum buis
vortex 1-6 wBurris pepr qd mount
POF(don't tread on me) ambi CH, Troy aluminum forgrip,aero billet trigger guard, and some other misc. goodies I had laying around... I'll probably change things around when I get bored. Still needs a cool muzzle, and...?

Nice and light... without the optics it's just over 6lbs.
Nice build! What are your thoughts on that hand guard? I like the looks of it. Is it square in the front?

That was the idea. Wrong rear sight, barrel profile and it isn't a Colt lower. But frankly I'm not going to put in the work to find those parts, and pay out the nose for them.
Lower is easily forgiven. Close enough to at least be retro-ish. Maybe an inch shorter and it you would be even closer. ;)

Oh I know, pinning the flash hider makes it easier to sell as far as the legal stuff goes. I always wanted to do my own XM177, M16A1, and a M16A2 clone build. Maybe later when pay is more stable I'll work on it.

My first SBR would be a XM177, then it'll be an AK pistol that gets SBR'ed (can't let ARs outnumber the AKs, and can't let either outnumber the FALs :D).

Nice build! What are your thoughts on that hand guard? I like the looks of it. Is it square in the front?
I like it... It's nice and slim, and weighs just a hair over nothing.
Like I said, I just got last night from another NWFAer...
Come tomthink of it, of every one of my ARs has somthing on it that I bought/traded from an NWFA member...

It is squareish I guess....
IMG_4496.JPG
I call it the CAR-15-ISH. :D
I like it!.. I think it's time to put a little retro in the arsenal. I have one that is having an identity crisis. M4/CAR and ? it's next on the list for a little attention. I'm iso a CARish barrel(12.5" with fsp) and A2 upper.
IMG_4497.JPG IMG_4498.JPG

Something about iron sights and no crap hanging off this thing makes me like it more and more!

Very true, but it also had a loooong pinned hider. Legality or not, I love that look! :)
I mean, you could go the 12.5" barrel and pinned flash hider route... Just looks off with that extra inch of barrel. 11.7-11.8" might with pinned flash hider will probably put it at the 16" length (maybe) and look better, but to me it just looks off if it isn't 10.5 or 11.5.

Though I would imagine reliability would not be the greatest considering the gas block location, but you know... I got the rifles I can depend on already. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top