JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Latest pics of the Mk 18 Mod Briefcase Weight & Balance Mockup... still needs laser, optic, bayo lug cut to mount blast deflector and "live" lower.

No "pouch" in the SBM4 brace as a MacGyverized mag carrier because the mag needs to move about an inch or so between "folded" and "firing" positions. Folded it needs to move toward the brace's front to clear the other Pmag on the handguard, unfolded it needs to move rearward to make room for a hand on the grip.

Debating about moving the blinder light down inline with the thumbrest... also considering moving the nav-light over onto the top-left slant and putting the laser on the Mossie mount instead.

View attachment 413689 View attachment 413690 View attachment 413691 View attachment 413692
Looks like to get it shootin' you just need to put in an LPK+FCG and you're GTG!

Looks like to get it shootin' you just need to put in an LPK+FCG and you're GTG!
And a UPK (which I also have, along with the LPK, though I'm thinking to dump the Anderson FCG for an ALG QMS), and a fully-machined lower... and it's not getting fired until the blast deflector is on, with all that plastic so close to the muzzle. Still waiting on its PWS ratcheting endplate and 10-round "up the well" Pmag too... and a case of SOST, Fusion, Gold Dot or Mk 262 as soon as I decide which to use as "standard" and have budget for a case.

It stays a "WBM" rather than going live largely because for some reason I'm uneasy about creating a complete firearm at the apartment... even though Management knows I'm a CCW and my sidearm is with me. Too bad one of the managers creeped on the girl who shoots and ran her off... :( However, I will have no such qualms when at my aunt's... nor about hauling the parts over there, assembling the weapon and hauling it back once completed since it *should* be covered by my CPL.

Last Edited:
Well here's my current AR family pic... the Sub2k decided to photobomb.

IMG_4023.JPG

At the top of the photo you can see the beginnings of the newest addition still in development... I've held off on buying any more lowers because I'm trying to decide on wether or not to get into 80%ing... I'm just afraid of how it will effect my current ailments...
They are getting bad, and I blame @IronMonster
Time for an updated AR family pic

View attachment 404466

So I had a mild case of the AR sickness before I visited Buhl, Idaho...but as soon as I got in the car after seeing, and meeting a few of the members in IM's family photo, I felt different. My wife noticed it too. An extra little glint in my eye, a little bit of a tremor that comes and goes, but is most definitely there. Its a much worse strain of the sickness, and it's consuming me... My AR collection has doubled in less than a month... I touch a perfectly good rifle, and parts fall off and another rifle starts to materialize... I just changed out a few parts on my SPR and I heard a noise coming from under a rag, so I investigated.
.....This is what I found :eek:
IMG_4027.JPG IMG_4029.JPG IMG_4030.JPG
That was just a buffer, tube and spring a few hours earlier...It had somehow collected a bunch of stuff and drug it into a cool dark place to begin its metamorphosis.
I quickly covered it back up,left the room and placed it under quarantine! Who knows what beast will emerge. I suspect 6.5 Grendel, but it was still to early to tell.

What have you done IM?

:D IMG_4026.JPG

Yep... I don't like the sights(to low) and I wanna be able to fold it without taking the red dot off. and the 10lb plastic trigger is not good... so I have these inbound to remedy the situation.

KEL-TEC SUB-2000 Pro Performance Trigger Job Bundle
MI-G2SUB-T2 <br>MI Gen2 SUB 2000 T1/T2 Optic Mount

KelTec haters will say I'm polishing a turd(doesnt help that mines patriot brown) but I really like it, and it's going to be even better once the supressors get out of jail!

I've been looking at the mcarbo stuff and am mighty tempted. now that I finished my ar might have to pick a few things up. I've looked at the mi mount and just decided to go with a qd 1 inch riser instead. less bulky and if I'm in a big hurry with it have a crimson trace rail master that lives on the bottom rail.

Its my one and only (right now, I have another aero stripped lower in the safe)

Aero receivers, apt act trigger, psa bcg, magpul ctr, magpul now grip.
The fun stuff is the bcm kmr alpha rail, the ballistic advantage Hanson 16" barrel, and trijicon mro.
The rifle shoots way better than myself.

Hoping I have a vickers sling under the tree. 20171217_190220.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads