JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

I bought this one today. It looks pretty dang promising for its first outing:
Spikes Tactical lower
Northtech Defense upper with 20" windham weaponry varmint exterminator barrel
PRS stock
RRA 2 stage varmint match grade trigger
16.7 Noveske NSR
Spikes ST-2 buffer
BAD Lever

Didn't even work up a load for this one. This is the load I use in my Noveske 20" barreled rifle:

WjEwZv9.jpg

The first 3 shot group looked like this:
lFEsNjg.jpg

So I shot a couple 10 shot groups. Too dang windy in the Gorge for shooting good groups though:
ctFQKsq.jpg

I may try again in the morning.... Oh, by the way, whoever built this one did a damn fine job. I'd like to thank you, if you are a member of this forum........

It's still a work in progress, but it's functional as is.

-Aero Precision MAD Dragon builder set
-Velocity Triggers single stage trigger (love it)
-ODIN Works BCG, 223 Wylde 18" SS barrel, gas block, and XM3 mag release
-Strike Industries enhanced buffer tube, enhanced castle nut, forgrip, enhanced takedown pins (love these things), DTOM dust cover, charging handle, and FWD assist
-Hexmag adjustable polymer grip & mag
-Phase 5 bolt release v2
-Seekens ambi fire selector switch
-Magpul ACS stock
-random muzzle device I got in a TacPack a couple months ago

If Fedex ever shows up, I'll have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 and an Aero ultralight scope mount this afternoon.

Got it all wrapped up Saturday morning. Couldn't be much happier with the way it turned out.

20969306_264084644109743_6857331015128449024_n.jpg

I built this one tonight. Been putting it off for a long time. Hopefully the brace will help stabilize my shooting :)

IMG_4508.JPG
IMG_4510.JPG

It took alot of sharpies to get the finish just right :confused::D

Accessory-side view of the beast:
20170826_015155-jpg.jpg
I'm a left-hander, so that thumbrest and light are slotted in just right for my right thumbtip to rest on the light's control button. Yes, it's close to the muzzle brake but there's a flashcan to address that as soon as the bayonet lug gets Bobbitted.

That 2-rib KAC panel is temporary; I'm planing to cut down a 5-rib to wrap around the thumbrest for better ergonomics.

Last Edited:
First AR and also first rifle, other then the bolt release it went together pretty easily.
-R-guns lower
-PSA dissipator style upper
-CMC 3.5 lb single stage trigger
-Hogue grip and stock set
-Fixed Troy rear sight
20170908_154930.jpg 20170908_154939.jpg

My 300bo aka "The Black Widow" version 4.0... 3.0 was a 10" quad rail that lasted about 3 days. It was a nice rail, looked cool... but it was too bulky, so it's now a back up. 5.0 is not very far away because this NoTveske handguard that I just put on is only temporary, as is the knurled blast can. They are fine for now, but Chinese.. not worthy of this build. I'm always looking to trade up;);)
IMG_3076.JPG IMG_3095.JPG IMG_3164.JPG IMG_3168.JPG

My 300bo aka "The Black Widow" version 4.0... 3.0 was a 10" quad rail that lasted about 3 days. It was a nice rail, looked cool... but it was too bulky, so it's now a back up. 5.0 is not very far away because this NoTveske handguard that I just put on is only temporary, as is the knurled blast can. They are fine for now, but Chinese.. not worthy of this build. I'm always looking to trade up;);)
View attachment 390384 View attachment 390385View attachment 390388 View attachment 390387
Sign up for Primary Arms's newsletter... I got a VERY good price on my Indian Creek BFD from them. :)

20170118_163543.jpg Here is my current one. Fun build. Couldn't stand the ss barrel so had it fixed (cerakote).
Done in January and just shot it during the eclipse weekend. No sights. Figure i have 30 rounds or more to get it on target. Lol just noticed not on safe. Not loaded and i was messing with the safety. Felt a little sticky. Weird i find them fun to shoot but i think i enjoy the build more.

IMG_6007.JPG IMG_6002.JPG IMG_6001.PNG

Just put this one together yesterday.

16" AR Performance
6.8 SPC Spec II chamber
11.24 twist
5R
Mid length gas

Barrett Brown Cerakote.

The two groups above were shot at 300 yards while breaking in the barrel. Both groups were shot with factory Hornady ammunition. The three shot group was with the 120gr SST load and the 5 shot group was with the Match 110gr BTHP load.

Sarco had the A1 Grade 1 kits for $500 without the barrel and lower but it had the furniture and upper... seems out of stock at the moment unfortunately :confused:
A4 build should be relatively simple. A2 simple as well if you can find the A2 fixed carry handle. I am hankering for a retro 16" CAR-15 with either A1 or A2 uppee and the old style simple collapsible stock as opposed to the more common M4 style..
Something similar if not exactly like this.

View attachment 372549
@Boboclown @AndyinEverson @CamoDeafie You guys might wanna check out Brownells' new Retro AR line...
AR-15 Retro Build at Brownells
Sadly, the only CAR telestock they have is for Commercial tubes. :(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews