JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ok, so I'm probably going to kick myself forever listing this but here we go...

What we have here is a Vopo P08 Luger made new in 1953 as a series of 100 test pistols made to show that the East Germans could manufacture their own pistols. These pistols are identified by a "N" prefix on the serial #. They started at N1001-N1100. This one is #36.

This gun is in immaculate shape with just a little regular wear and no rust or pitting. It is mostly numbers matching with the only non matching part is part of the toggle. I hear they had a problem with this and and it wasn't uncommon to rebuild the toggle from time to time with existing surplus parts. Here is a good article from another forum that explains more In detail.

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?17490-P-08-completely-new-made-in-the-GDR

The pistol is a 9mm caliber with two mags, one reproduction and the other I believe is a post war Vopo mag but it is not #s matching.

I'm asking $1550 for this very rare example of a post war Luger.

Would consider trades for other collectible firearms:
i.e. WWI and WWII but not limited to war guns

Other trades would be for a 308 battle rifle, preferably a M1A or maybe AR10. Also could be interested in a Sig M11A1. Open to other trades as well, never know what I might fancy...

Also can send more detailed pictures upon request.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't have anything you'd want or is cost-effective, but I want you to know that I really wish I had something to trade...as I would offer it up in a heartbeat...That is a piece of Cold War history right there and I wish I could afford it...please at least make sure it goes to a good home who will treat it right...

I don't have anything you'd want or is cost-effective, but I want you to know that I really wish I had something to trade...as I would offer it up in a heartbeat...That is a piece of Cold War history right there and I wish I could afford it...please at least make sure it goes to a good home who will treat it right...

Thank you! It is hard to find people who appreciate this little piece of history. And yes I will make sure it goes to a good home, or stay in its prized spot as a conversation spot in my safe. I'm only getting rid of it because there are people who will appreciate it more than me...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.