JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Imagine trying to make your money back on that purchase, you'll be waiting until the end of days and then some.

I bought a LR308 at a ridiculous price back then, on the off chance that the NRA would have sold out like with Reagan and Obama banned ARs. If it had gone down like that, the price was a steal.
Win some, lose some - but don't plan on selling it either....

Have you used the magpul glock mags?

Naw, I'll wait until others endure the real field testing. I STRONGLY prefer metallic magazines, but Glock OEM mags are what's available and they do have metal lined feed lips. The Magpul Glocks are just really thick plastic..... meh.

Matter of fact, I only own one 30rnd G3 P-mag because it was only $12 and I was curious... meh.

All my other mags are either USGI or EastBlock surplus.

when i was 18 i made minimum wage which was like $6.45 or 7 something so actually for me at the time 22 ammo cost me an hours worth of work. yeah a brick would last forever back then.

Price gouging is based on the law of supply & perceived demand which is in part based on fear of lack.

In the past, certain gun enthusiasts feared that legislation was around the corner to take away their rights to own certain firearms (and by extension ammo to feed the guns). Other people saw supplies dwindling and got into the panic-buying as well until supplies completely dried up. It was akin to a 10-car pile up on the freeway where the first person panic brakes in heavy traffic causing the people behind to brake hard reflexively in panic.

Things have changed. We all know our freedoms are not being threatened. Mandatory background checks for all firearm purchases has gone into effect in OR and the sky hasn't fallen. Reason has overtaken fears and the low demand for firearms is such that gun shops here in Portland and around the country are closing for lack of sales to keep the lights on.

Mass shootings in Roseburg didn't cause a blip on the radar and after watching the ammo shelves for these past few days after the mass shooting in CA I'm confident this will not raise prices either. We already have our AR's and AK's in our safes and are sittin' pretty on enough 22LR. The perceived demand is just not there for panic buying to develop no matter how many newbies suddenly think to buy a snubbie for personal protection.

Meh, I could be wrong... :p

Price gouging is based on the law of supply & perceived demand which is in part based on fear of lack.

In the past, certain gun enthusiasts feared that legislation was around the corner to take away their rights to own certain firearms (and by extension ammo to feed the guns). Other people saw supplies dwindling and got into the panic-buying as well until supplies completely dried up. It was akin to a 10-car pile up on the freeway where the first person panic brakes in heavy traffic causing the people behind to brake hard reflexively in panic.

Things have changed. We all know our freedoms are not being threatened. Mandatory background checks for all firearm purchases has gone into effect in OR and the sky hasn't fallen. Reason has overtaken fears and the low demand for firearms is such that gun shops here in Portland and around the country are closing for lack of sales to keep the lights on.

Mass shootings in Roseburg didn't cause a blip on the radar and after watching the ammo shelves for these past few days after the mass shooting in CA I'm confident this will not raise prices either. We already have our AR's and AK's in our safes and are sittin' pretty on enough 22LR. The perceived demand is just not there for panic buying to develop no matter how many newbies suddenly think to buy a snubbie for personal protection.

Meh, I could be wrong... :p

I have nothing but my old cats ashes in my safe. I'm here trying to buy my first gun.

Well, I'm certainly not so rich to not care about the prices. I just suspect that most folks know that nothing is going to happen to effectively erode our 2nd Amendment Rights and own enough black-rifles and ammo (or reloading equipment and supplies) to last through another price spike if one were to happen.

Hence a price spike will not happen.

Again, panic buying and price gouging largely about perceived lack... Use the Force, Luke!!!

Yes and no, I will never shop at Northwest Armories again for how they raised the prices of the used AR's to $1999 after Newtown. I lost it a few weeks later with a staff member who said "We sign everyone up for OFF because we care about shooters." so much so that they're willing to sodomize your wallet.

Imagine trying to make your money back on that purchase, you'll be waiting until the end of days and then some.

$1995!

I got $2250 for my plain Jane AR. :s0140:
Then went down to NW Armory a year later and bought a NIB 6920 with FDE Magpul furniture for $950!

Maybe I did it backwards?:s0001:

I went tot the LGS yesterday to see what he had for ARs.I told him if I had a spare 10k I would load him up with some ARs and ammo.
And I asked what he could get them for.He had a nice used DSA for 650 and I thought he could do better with another brand and new,but he said 650 for most.I'll have to check Missoula
ANYWAY,he looked to see what was available and there wasn't much around.
Then he kinda got a panicked look and said 'maybe I should order some'
You know those guys who bought all the goodies up last time will be doing it again-just in case
Guys always say 'the rices go up and down,we always get the scare tactics ' and such
I think the gubment is ready to try the next level.I believe if a guy with a lot of gold turned it into guns and ammo,he'd buy all his gold and more in a few years.
Well except if you can't own those guns by then:eek:

"price gouging"

There is no such thing as price gouging. Any vendor may attempt to sell his goods at any price he pleases. That's the free market. You support the free market, don't you?

It makes sense that prices go up on such occasions. Demand also goes up. If prices don't go up, then the shops sell out, and no guns are available. Higher prices keep guns and ammo available for those who really need a gun, e.g. newbies.

Price gouging is jargon that comes from the Ministry of Propaganda, whose aim is to oppose the free market. It would make more sense if we stop using their freedom-hating terminology. Just call it a "price rise".

Nosler has started price gouging on much of their ammunition this year. You can't even get most Accubond loads or bullets for that matter, and when you do, they are way higher priced than in past years. The 9.3x74R Accubond ammo has more than doubled in price and you can't even buy the bullets. Most Accubond ammo and bullets were missing for western hunting seasons this year. What is going on there with Nosler Management?

Wow, that is a real listing! Buy it now for $4,250. Uh-hem. (cough)

I have watched prices creeping up for .223 and 5.56 over at Ammoman, they're up about $50 per 1k rounds this past week. But it figures, doesn't it, what with a 4-hour line forming at gun stores in San Berdoo and Riverside, those folks (the New Believers) are going to want to get some gun food to go along with their new gear.

Plus there's a few older shooters elsewhere thinking that the old practice supply is getting a little low, and the trend is moving upward, so let's buy now before it gets worse next (week, month, year) and magically the prices rise as the demand pushes it upward.

Comparing prices anytime I can't recall "Cheaper Than Dirt" as being cheaper than anyone, including the local gun stores. Usually worse.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top