JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The lil'Travler's doogie is Oregon born.
ui_doog.jpeg
click to make dog bigger...

I don't have the capacity/capability to take care of a pet, but I sure do enjoy seeing these well cared for animals.

It's been a tough row to hoe in less than a month, Ayla's companion for almost 10 years passed away this morning. Scamp was a contancerous little guy but they were BFF and inseparable. He couldn't get over the departure of his lifelong friend and he just gave up trying to find her.
Damn it's really hard to write this, we know that they finally found each other and are together again up there.

512CD61B-8127-4F50-9ACF-313C1B715DBF.jpeg 54AB3532-F932-4A4C-A7C8-6884BA417F7F.jpeg 711D353A-B1BC-4BE9-BA1A-A1D7405C5A4A.jpeg

Last Edited:
It's been a tough row to hoe in less than a month, Ayla's companion for almost 10 years passed away this morning. Scamp was a contancerous little guy but they were BFF and inseparable. He couldn't get over the departure of his lifelong friend and he just gave up trying for find her.
Damn it's really hard to write this, we know that they finally found each other and are together up there.

View attachment 1422313 View attachment 1422314 View attachment 1422315
Damn Jim, hang in there buddy, it's never easy, especially for other doggies, they don't understand!
We're here for ya buddy, Always!

I'm so sorry, it's tough when the knockout blows come in rapid succession. They must have been close for the loss to have such a profound affect. Hang in there, they had a full life, a good life, and this is just part of our reflective learning process and they make us a better person for having to go thru it.

It's been a tough row to hoe in less than a month, Ayla's companion for almost 10 years passed away this morning. Scamp was a contancerous little guy but they were BFF and inseparable. He couldn't get over the departure of his lifelong friend and he just gave up trying for find her.
Damn it's really hard to write this, we know that they finally found each other and are together up there.

View attachment 1422313 View attachment 1422314 View attachment 1422315
So very sorry for your loss.
This right here proves the love, loyalty and dedication of dogs…
It's right and fine to grieve. They'll miss you too but wouldn't want you to be sad.
RIP Ayla and Scamp

I didn't want to run this thread off the tracks but didn't see a "Lasting Memories" thread.

Thanks for all the thoughtfulness and encouragement folks, it means a lot to me.

I lost two years worth of pics of them when my last phone decided to swim in Summit lake, I was an idiot because I didn't back it up. :eek:

Last Edited:
I finally laid Scamp along side his life long friend last evening, he stuck it out after 20 days of heartache without Ayla. I apologized to him for putting him in the bait fridge since it took me 2 days to make his casket. Finished raking the area tonight after it cooled down then toasted their journey with a shot of Jim Beam. Safe travels and following seas to my furry friends, I will see you again in the future.

Thanks to all who gave thoughts, encouragement and well wishes and can relate to the heartache of loosing a best friend.

I screwed up and forgot to make blind dado's for the plywood bottom on the ends. :oops:

5939D4B7-911D-4029-B49E-7457197F9475.jpeg 281BE940-FC9E-4C18-AC93-5FBE02011357.jpeg

Monday is going to be a very difficult day.

My sister and her husband have made the difficult decision to put down their girl Maya. She's 15(?) and she has been having trouble with her back/hips. Her hind legs go out and she has trouble standing back up without help. She's mentally alert and eager and willing, but physically she's deteriorating. I don't necessarily agree with their decision, but it's not my call. Maybe it's the right decision, I don't know, but it's tearing me up thinking about it.

Goodbye, Maya Papaya. You were a Good girl!

rURs9bV.jpg

Looks like Maya got a reprieve! Apparently she was jumping around like a puppy and my BIL didn't have the heart have her put down, yet. I hope it will be awhile before she does have to take that ride.

Poopy on the left, she is a pineapple green cheek conure.
Pidgy (pidgin) on the right, and she is a cinnamon turquoise green cheek conure.

Poop has to know and be there for everything. Pidg, I think she used to be a stoner in the previous life lol….. she is mellow.

IMG_3280.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top