JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crappy iPhone pic but I like the pattern of the rocks.

54F897FB-EFC9-4AF7-B778-50B5E4DB4EEA.jpeg

This is our newest project hound. Got him at 11 months old with little or no training. It has been a challenge at times but he is going to be a great dog at some point. He is going to be 2 years old on April 1. That should have been a red flag right there, lol.
First pic is him getting comfy in my buddies truck on the way back home from his first pheasant hunting trip in eastern WA. Second is right after he accidentally stepped off the swimstep of my boat while in the slip. He is quite the character.

F16D0C61-58A3-457D-97D8-8A31C9C91D09.jpeg B35E13B1-AECD-444B-82EC-87AB60A2FE64.jpeg

"An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

"The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

"Curious I pinned a note to his collar, 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

"The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar, 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 and he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

Tired dog.jpg

This little **** had me panicked today. She managed to eat 1/2 of a pie tin of brownies that were all too accessible to her. I discovered it and thought, "well at least it wasn't dark chocolate, because thats the most toxic to them, right?" Wrong! I googled it and the cocoa powder in brownies can be almost twice as toxic as dark chocolate and cocoa beans are even worse. Of course Dr Google says to get them to a vet immediately. Called the closest emergency vet (Saturday of course) and they passed me off to another because they were backed up. The other one recommended calling the Pet Poison Helpline 1s,t which I did. After getting all the info, including breed, weight of the dog, age, general health, even the name of the brownie mix she did some calculations and told me that Layla may have stomach problems for a day or two but didn't eat enough to warrant an emergency vet visit. They charge $85 but thats a bargain considering the local emergency clinics hit you with $300-$400 to walk in the door. I've been making a point to eat brownies and other goodies in front of her tonite because she isn't going to get any!

https://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/

PXL_20220704_191129506 (1).jpg

This little **** had me panicked today. She managed to eat 1/2 of a pie tin of brownies that were all too accessible to her. I discovered it and thought, "well at least it wasn't dark chocolate, because thats the most toxic to them, right?" Wrong! I googled it and the cocoa powder in brownies can be almost twice as toxic as dark chocolate and cocoa beans are even worse. Of course Dr Google says to get them to a vet immediately. Called the closest emergency vet (Saturday of course) and they passed me off to another because they were backed up. The other one recommended calling the Pet Poison Helpline 1s,t which I did. After getting all the info, including breed, weight of the dog, age, general health, even the name of the brownie mix she did some calculations and told me that Layla may have stomach problems for a day or two but didn't eat enough to warrant an emergency vet visit. They charge $85 but thats a bargain considering the local emergency clinics hit you with $300-$400 to walk in the door. I've been making a point to eat brownies and other goodies in front of her tonite because she isn't going to get any!

https://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/

View attachment 1386446
She's a little cutie though!

I've been making a point to eat brownies and other goodies in front of her tonite because she isn't going to get any!
It's not bothering her... she's already had hers! :D

Glad to hear that little Layla is gonna be OK... :s0155:

She's doing fine this morning. Woke up before me and barked to get me to get up and feed her, no stomach issues at all. She seems to have a cast iron stomach anyway considering some of the crap I've seen her hoover up on her walks before I could stop her. 🤢

1st picture. Always had German Shepherds in the past. My best friend for the last 13 years was my 1st pitbull. He changed my outlook about the breed. Euthanizied a few months ago, it took me awhile to get over it.

Rescued our newest pit bull from a shelter, picked up as a stray. He's gained 20 lbs at his new home.

FB_IMG_1653886480800.jpg 20221225_123658_HDR.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top