JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hes working with my cats to keep the mice down. Unlike the cats he doesnt leave dead mice in my shoes. Southern Black Racer almost 5 foot long. Biggest one Ive seen. The pest control people caught a copperhead in the mouse trap outside my office at work the other day.

I was having problems in the back yard with some kind of ground burrowing pests for a short while. Around the bird / squirrel feeders something was making tunnels. Did not want to put out traps because of the critters I feed. So used an old method. Put out some human grade catnip out front. Soon the burrowing stopped. Don't have to own a cat to make use of the free ones in the neighborhood:D

This is Linda the real mouse catcher. Rabbits, lizards etc. She is a death machine. Even Moles. I'm not much of a cat guy but a cat that kills moles by the bag load is worth its weight in gold.

mC9d8H.jpg

Last Edited:
Yes, it's Natasha. My heavily accented lovely second half is straight outta Leningrad. FWIW Natasha isn't a proper name. No one would name their daughter Natasha. It's a diminutive nickname for Natalya or Natalia ( yes, they are pronounced differently ) . Just about every Russian girl born within a week of Christmas gets named Natalya. Christmas Child.

I could enjoy a long conversation over a bottle of Vodka about Russian naming conventions.

Last Edited:
Kevin the Smooth Fox Terrier and Pepper the Shiba Inu.

View attachment 707287

View attachment 707288
I grew up with a smooth haired fox terrier and whenever a female dog in the area would be in heat he would be gone for 2-3 days and when he came home we would have to take him to get stitched up. He was a cool dog but would fight a German Shepherd if we let him. This was back in the 50s and 60s.
Thanks

I grew up with a smooth haired fox terrier and whenever a female dog in the area would be in heat he would be gone for 2-3 days and when he came home we would have to take him to get stitched up. He was a cool dog but would fight a German Shepherd if we let him. This was back in the 50s and 60s.
Thanks

Yes, we are heavily invested in fencing. Both dogs are "runners". They will bolt at the fist opportunity.

Both dogs play sparring all day. The Terrier seems like he'd get the upper hand cause he is a tough wiry pile of muscle. Then the Shiba Inu, who is like 1/43rd of a chromosome away from being a wolf gets pissed and lets the terrier have it.

Last Edited:
She wasn't mine, she was my neighbor's dog, but we were friends, and she was a smart dog. Last week she passed away.

_nc_ohc=5fqJXW89NMkAX-Te4g6&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=hIvABo0AnbsAX9qGgeP&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=QQddMyMb-RcAX_z77zU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

When I moved here, she would have nothing to do with me. She would come over to play with the PO's dog, which didn't live here anymore. It took 6 months, but I won her over with doggy biscuits. Once she figured out that I was supposed to be here, that I wasn't an intruder, she would come over for the biscuits - sometimes at 2 AM in the morning. She was a real character.

'Coco' the Office Cat at Adventure Books of Seattle. (It's a small press we run out of two spare bedrooms. We DO have regular jobs, too.) One picture of Coco, another of the previous cats who have served in that job.

CocoChristmasOnlinepic.jpg CatCollageforLine.jpg

I had to take my best friend to the vet and have him put down Friday. Absolutely the best dog I have ever owned or met. He lived a full life and was loved by everyone that met him. He exceeded his life expectancy by at least 3 years. 100lb Great Dane/Lab mix that would have turned 14 on September 11th. Absolutely broke my heart to see him go downhill so quickly the past couple of months.

pB-ZgE3FRX2pvhgwbvMZbQ.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads