JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My mom's dog spike the Boston would do the same thing every morning stand by his bowl and bark if that didn't work he would push it around the kitchen .
Every day at about 05:00 and in the afternoon at at 16:00

One of the things I often miss about my dog getting old. Used to be if I had the night off he would start on me first thing in the morning. Which is when I would be getting home normally. Licking my face, barking and such till I got up and fed him. Now the old guy will lay there in bed even after I get up. Often will not venture out of the room until his food has been on the plate for a while. Poor old man :)

One of the things I often miss about my dog getting old. Used to be if I had the night off he would start on me first thing in the morning. Which is when I would be getting home normally. Licking my face, barking and such till I got up and fed him. Now the old guy will lay there in bed even after I get up. Often will not venture out of the room until his food has been on the plate for a while. Poor old man :)
Well spike is gone now but we got another dog and she doesn't like anybody around when she eats.
We put food in the bowl and she waits till nobody is around and she goes and eats a little bit then .goes back later and eats a little more .
Lol

Well spike is gone now but we got another dog and she doesn't like anybody around when she eats.
We put food in the bowl and she waits till nobody is around and she goes and eats a little bit then .goes back later and eats a little more .
Lol

Funny how different different dogs are. Wife got 2 dogs to replace hers that I had to put down a few months ago. Both of them 3 pounds. The one is super outgoing. will go to anyone, lick their face and such. The other has been here for a month and is still scared. Will jump on our feet and such but will not willingly let us pick her up yet. I think she did not get enough food as she is voracious at meal time. She has dry food all the time. Wet food a few times a day and I have to watch her. She will wolf hers and run over to try to take the food from the other. Fearful one is a GREAT watch dog too. She seems to have very good hearing. She is the first to let us know if anyone is coming to the place which is great. The 2 of them constantly want my dog to play with them which of course he wants none of. He is gentile when he tells them to leave him alone though :)

dog1.jpg

He has been gone now for about 2 1/2 years. Man I still miss him, Had him for almost 14 years and he was my best bud. I live alone so he was always there. I miss that.

Floppy uno .
Lol I call her FLOPPY UNO because of the ear but her name is MARLEY.
A RESCUE DOG

My Father in Law said the same thing when his dog had to be put down. I had never seen the man cry until his dog got so sick it could not stand up. Wife went and got it to take it in to be put down as he could not do it. Said he did not want another. Well I kept saying he should re think that and a few months later we got a puppy for him. Made sure he wanted it, he did, so we spent several weeks with it training it for him. He is 90 now so we wanted to make sure it had some training. He is in love with the new dog just like the old. I went over there yesterday and the dog went crazy when it saw me. It has been a great dog. Breeder did a fantastic job socializing him. He loves everyone. Another Son in law takes him to play time weekly. Pic is when we were training him, he is on the left. He got a little bigger since then, weighs about 20 pounds now. Perfect size for a couple old people and he turned out to be very trainable. Suspect Father in law will pass before this dog and we of course will then get him back but for now it sure filled the hole left in the old guys heart when he lost that last dog.

Rocky-Alex.jpg

My Father in Law said the same thing when his dog had to be put down. I had never seen the man cry until his dog got so sick it could not stand up. Wife went and got it to take it in to be put down as he could not do it. Said he did not want another. Well I kept saying he should re think that and a few months later we got a puppy for him. Made sure he wanted it, he did, so we spent several weeks with it training it for him. He is 90 now so we wanted to make sure it had some training. He is in love with the new dog just like the old. I went over there yesterday and the dog went crazy when it saw me. It has been a great dog. Breeder did a fantastic job socializing him. He loves everyone. Another Son in law takes him to play time weekly. Pic is when we were training him, he is on the left. He got a little bigger since then, weighs about 20 pounds now. Perfect size for a couple old people and he turned out to be very trainable. Suspect Father in law will pass before this dog and we of course will then get him back but for now it sure filled the hole left in the old guys heart when he lost that last dog.

View attachment 521907
That's what they do .
My mom's Boston terrier SPIKE SHE HAD FOR ALMOST 16 YEARS. He lived his last two years blind and deaf.
Then it got bad to where it was time.
We had to put him down.and had him cremated.and she has the ash in her room. IMG_20180606_191240.jpg

We lost our two lab/border collie boys last August and October. (Connor is my avatar)
We still are taking care of my son's cat, Frances. She is the most dog-like cat I have ever seen.
And then a week and a half ago, we traveled to the Yakima Humane Society and adopted Merri, who is 4.5 months old and a dead ringer for Connor. Somehow, my wife knew that she was the puppy for us. 20181218_213507.jpg received_402430447161460.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top