JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Condolences appreciated, guys. And sorry for the downer post. It was weird not having her tuck me in last night. She really was a great dog -- I know, everyone says that. Got her from the Humane Society as an owner surrender. They claimed she was relocated after hurricane Katrina but I suspect she was used as breeding stock and discarded at around 5 years old. I was actually at the pound because they had a litter of GSD puppies but was struck by the fact that in the midst of all the barking, whining, and general confusion, she was the only dog there that was relaxed. When I asked about her I was told she was on hold and her new owners would be picking her up in the morning. I asked if I could be second in line and was thrilled when the called me to say the other people never came back. After a couple days of adjustment it was like she'd always been with us. I was shocked at how well behaved she was too. No barking, jumping, licking, digging, chewing, wandering, and never met a stranger. We were blessed with her company for almost 6 years. For a Boxer/Mastiff mix, she had a pretty long life.

View attachment 120639 View attachment 120640 View attachment 120641

image.jpg Here's my 18 month old lab Maggie

Anybody that looses a beloved friend can post it right on up! It's part of the healing process and this site has lots of animal lovers who will be happy to share your pain. I'll be up here soon enough. My Bull Mastif, Lilly (Avatar) is getting long in the tooth.

My wife is pug crazy. Her license plate on her truck says B-Puggin, she belongs to half a dozen pug groups and we have pug meet ups at our house.
She is convinced that we need a third. We have three dogs and two cats in the house now. I love the pugs. They are great dogs, but the last thing we need is another one :)

I've heard that about pugs...can't have just one.

I'm not sure we will ever NOT have a Pug or Pug(s). I've been around them all my life and they certainly grow on you. They make excellent companions, they literally want nothing more than to be around you or watch you at all times. Here's Onyx eating 3 pancakes at once. She's.... Special.

S315fU2.jpg

My wife is pug crazy. Her license plate on her truck says B-Puggin, she belongs to half a dozen pug groups and we have pug meet ups at our house.
She is convinced that we need a third. We have three dogs and two cats in the house now. I love the pugs. They are great dogs, but the last thing we need is another one :)

Haha how do you like leaving the house with a separate coat on top of your clothes made entirely of Pug hair?

The wife has a beautiful little boy Chi (King Tut) with long hair that she always wanted to breed. About two years ago we adopted a one year old little girl Chi (Chica). Well, after a trip to the vet for the green light, they 'closed escrow' and we ended up with a litter. The vet said we'd get two, maybe three pups as these are little dogs. Nope....FIVE perfectly healthy, wonderful, great looking dogs. So, that makes (carry the three) eight Chi's and one Pug for NINE little dogs here. I keep telling my wife we're going to be featured on the TV show 'Hoarders' one of these days.....and all I get is a snarky look.....:p

Here's year before last's Christmas picture of "The Dogs of Anarchy"..... christmas 2013 038.jpg

Last Edited:
It's the faun who is the worst, I call it getting "Lilified" since it is Lily sharing her fuzz. I can scratch her on the couch for 15 minutes and come up with a pile an Eskimo could make into a fine coat

It's the faun who is the worst, I call it getting "Lilified" since it is Lily sharing her fuzz. I can scratch her on the couch for 15 minutes and come up with a pile an Eskimo could make into a fine coat
Yeah, same with Jake, I brush him outside once a week, it matters not. He sheds non stop. He's a double coat Pug. The black one sheds but no more than any other dog. I can't allow Jake in my office where I keep my uniforms, they are mostly black. We also have stock in those little tape lint rollers Haha.

OK ,I heard back in the day,most cowboys actually rode the smarter mules and horses became popular wih hollywood.
And mules can never be trusted,may boot even their owner any moment.

My old horseshoer was trimming a little pony's hooves one day, when a big mule in the next stall decided that his little pony friend was being hurt, so the mule reached over, clamped down on his collarbone and yanked him up and out of the stall.
Then he thrashed him back and forth against the walls a couple of times and then threw him out the front of the stall.
He's 6'-2" and weighs around a solid 235 lbs.
85 stitches later, a broken collarbone and now a healthy fear of mules.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top