JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This was my son's and daughter's first introduction to firearms, back in June of 2016...
At the time these pics were taken, Boy was about to turn 14, and Girl was about to turn 12.
IMG_1917.JPG
My daughter's fear has since evaporated...

IMG_1923.JPG
And their stance has improved dramatically. They both "lean in" to it, now... :)
And I broke them both of that "cupping" grip. :mad: They're both "aligned thumbs" shooters now... :D

Last Edited:
So, that was almost 4 years ago now. This is what they shoot today:

The Boy's Browning Buck Mark. He calls it "Goldfinger". Go figure... :rolleyes:
Browning Buck Mark.jpg

The Girl's S&W Model 22A-1. She didn't give it a name. She just shoots the hell out of it... :)
SW 22A-1.jpg

Yes, I got them both .22LR target pistols. I wanted them to learn accuracy first.
We'll move on to bigger boomsticks once they can shoot Alphas with these all day long... :D

Last Edited:
Taking a brand new gun owner and his wife to the range tomorrow. Got them to join the range membership too. In the past month he has bought two pistols and two AR's, talk about diving in with both feet.

My nephew and my 2 daughters. Don't have pics but the cardinal rules of firearm safety will be the first thing they hear before firing a single shot.

I had my cousins kids (under 10) give me explanations of safe/unsafe actions while I demonstrated with a stick. It brought a lpt more meaning to the rules to have examples to discuss. After they passed with flying colors we proceeded to have a good time putting some holes in targets.

So, updating my posts from above (#202 and #203), the below was this past Father's Day, 4 years after their introduction to firearms by Dad...

Daughter reenacting the final scene from Fistful of Dollars, where The Man With No Name duels with Ramón ...

View attachment 2020_FathersDay_E_22revolver.MOV

Last Edited:
Oh I will join this!
9 year old shooting her suppressed AR9.. loved it so much and after watching us do CQB with handguns she now wants a suppressed P22 handgun. Also taught her how to throw axe and knives. She's a natural at all this stuff and fishing too.

Screenshot_20200702-060756_Gallery.jpg 20200525_161925.jpg 20200525_161824.jpg 20200524_140534.jpg 20200605_164800.jpg

Yesterday gave my 11 year old granddaughter her first live fire experience with a .38 special.

First, six clicks on empty brass.
Then, five empties and one live round.
Finally, three live rounds.

She was scared and thrilled.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class