JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to create a new thread, why? because it is way more interesting than focusing on the 10 page critical analysis paper and other large assignments I have to start and complete before Monday.

The future of our second amendment right is only ever one generation away from destruction. Its survival depends on each of us to do our part to help the next generation grow up with the knowledge and appreciation needed to protect that right.

So in this thread please post your pictures of teaching kids or liberals (conversion), gun safety, marksmanship, and to appreciate what the gun and the 2nd amendment provides the American people.

I'll start: Here is me with my cousin and his son after he got to put some round though a keltec sub2000 in 9mm. He's going on 6, we started him out with a bb gun and after understanding of safety rules was established and exemplified through verbal quiz and example quiz with me pretending to make unsafe actions with a stick (pretending it was a rifle) and him telling me what I did that was unsafe, he was cleared to put rounds through the sub2000 under the close guidance from me and his father. Don't tell me you can't teach children to be safe with guns, that kid had more basic gun safety sense than I see many adults exemplify.

Overall he had a great time although for the purposes of the photo he gave us the "tough guy face," next time I will bring the 10/22, I wasn't planning on doing any teaching when I packed just the sub2000.

IMG_4321.JPG

btw - for those concerned about how to safely teach children to shoot, loading only 1 round at a time ensures that once the gun goes off, no accidental shots can be made after that. I teach adults and children the same way in that regard, until they have proven multiple times they can safely handle the gun they only get 1 round at a time to load until I feel comfortable for them to be able to load 3 at a time and we go from there, the whole time I am standing at a strategic angle and distance to be able to help prevent any unsafe action while at the same time not get shot myself (kinda important)

Training one of my Grandkids. He is 8yrs old and using the rifle my Grandfather gave me when I was the same age. 50 years later passing it along.

He can hit metal plates at 200 yards out at DRRC.

IMG_3788.JPG

Training one of my Grandkids. He is 8yrs old and using the rifle my Grandfather gave me when I was the same age. 50 years later passing it along.

He can hit metal plates at 200 yards out at DRRC.

View attachment 382956

That can't be YOUR grandson.... he's too handsome. ;)

Here I am last year training two of my three daughters and one of my three sons...

First time my middle daughter worked up the courage to shoot a pistol... now she's a "junkie" and has her CPL (she's a Washington resident) She's working on getting into the Border Patrol and Customs, with the ultimate goal of the FBI.
IMG_2920.JPG IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2923.PNG

Walking my "more timid" (and oldest) daughter through the the functions of the 10/22... and youngest son waiting for his turn (the little bastige needs a haircut!)
IMG_2927.JPG IMG_2928.JPG IMG_2929.JPG IMG_2930.JPG

Little miss "toughie" shooting the 10/22
IMG_2931.JPG IMG_2932.JPG

My youngest daughter, loves shooting pistols and now wants to shoot the black rifles... look at the trigger discipline... brings a tear to ol' Dad's eye! ;)
IMG_4290.JPG

View attachment 383018
Not me ... But my friend Josh , helping a young guy sight my Leman Trade Rifle
( rifle is circa mid to late 1830's )
View attachment 383022
Josh and I talking to a visitor who never held a rifle before.
Andy

For fun have you ever shot the ram rod like they show in some war movies when the soldier is about to go hands on and fires his ram rod mid reload before they reach him?

I have seen it done ... Not a smart thing to do. ( regarding post #12 )
In addition to being a great way to lose your ramrod ...It could cause a build up of too much pressure at the breech or cause a barrel obstruction...:eek:
Andy

I have seen it done ... Not a smart thing to do. ( regarding post #12 )
In addition to being a great way to lose your ramrod ...It could cause a build up of too much pressure at the breech or cause a barrel obstruction...:eek:
Andy

For sure, that's why it's a "last resort option"

But, figured some muzzle loaders have done it just because.

Not doing so at least once is.... BORING!!! :D
Well , we can try it with your rifle , not mine...:D
Mostly when this happens , it was a mistake in loading.

Normally I'd be a bit more easy going and lighthearted but...
I did see a barrel develop a "bulge" just about mid way , after a guy fired his rifle with a ram rod still in his bore.

Now will this happen every time with every rifle ...Nope.
Many folks have launched their ram rod down range , by mistake ... And only had to face teasing and the buying / making a new ram rod.

Your rifle was not designed to fire ram rods , rocks , nails or anything other than a lead round ball or conical bullet ...
I say again: Do not try to shoot your ram rod from your rifle for "fun".
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads