JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Walking my "more timid" (and oldest) daughter through the the functions of the 10/22... and youngest son waiting for his turn (the little bastige needs a haircut!)
View attachment 382984 View attachment 382985 View attachment 382986 View attachment 382987

If you get your son into a wrestling/grappling type of sport or activity, he will very quickly realize that any length of hair that can be grabbed with force is too long.

One of the several reasons that I have had a buzz cut since I was 7 years old by my own choice. :)

Mostly by mistake... "The last Resort" firing of a ramrod is pure Hollywood.
Please do not fire your muzzle loader with the ram rod down the bore.
Andy

I don't know, If I was involved in a muzzle loader dominated conflict and I had the option of finishing my reload and likely getting bayoneted from a advancing foe or firing my muzzle loader with ramrod in barrel at my target, I would be very tempted to fire the ramrod at the target, if things are that bad realistically I could probably lift another ramrod / muzzle loader off of the many dead people that would be laying around anyway, and if the enemy has advanced that close, the muzzle loader becomes a bludgeoning / parrying / stabbing device and not a rifle unless appropriate distance can be maintained anyway.

I don't doubt it is very "hollywood," but I also don't doubt that it has happened multiple times purposefully during warfare as a result of a situation I described.

Well , we can try it with your rifle , not mine...:D
Mostly when this happens , it was a mistake in loading.

Normally I'd be a bit more easy going and lighthearted but...
I did see a barrel develop a "bulge" just about mid way , after a guy fired his rifle with a ram rod still in his bore.

Now will this happen every time with every rifle ...Nope.
Many folks have launched their ram rod down range , by mistake ... And only had to face teasing and the buying / making a new ram rod.

Your rifle was not designed to fire ram rods , rocks , nails or anything other than a lead round ball or conical bullet ...
I say again: Do not try to shoot your ram rod from your rifle for "fun".
Andy

Reference #3...
10 Commandments of Firearm Safety

I like this thread! Warms my heart to see new shooters having good safe fun. I wish I had a teacher at a young age, most of those kids can probably get tighter groups than me....

Can't wait till my dad comes out west so I can show him how my handgun skills have improved and then I can smoke him at the trap field! Also can't wait to buy my goddaughter a 410 in a few years.

My daughters and a son-in-law at DRRC a couple of years ago going thru a bunch of my ammo.
We have family shooting day every once in awhile. I started them young, don't mess with these girls. Note the nice rearward lean of the girls, don't know why they do that, but it works for them.
IMG_0296.jpeg

I wish I had a picture of the day I went out with one of my buddies who brought his wife and her friend, who was a flaming lib hippy ( beads, hemp, patcholie oil, the whole nine yards). She had a great attitude and I let her do a mag dump on the tavor, she turned to me and said..... That was sooooo cool :) good times

I wanted to create a new thread, why? because it is way more interesting than focusing on the 10 page critical analysis paper and other large assignments I have to start and complete before Monday.

The future of our second amendment right is only ever one generation away from destruction. Its survival depends on each of us to do our part to help the next generation grow up with the knowledge and appreciation needed to protect that right.

So in this thread please post your pictures of teaching kids or liberals (conversion), gun safety, marksmanship, and to appreciate what the gun and the 2nd amendment provides the American people.

I'll start: Here is me with my cousin and his son after he got to put some round though a keltec sub2000 in 9mm. He's going on 6, we started him out with a bb gun and after understanding of safety rules was established and exemplified through verbal quiz and example quiz with me pretending to make unsafe actions with a stick (pretending it was a rifle) and him telling me what I did that was unsafe, he was cleared to put rounds through the sub2000 under the close guidance from me and his father. Don't tell me you can't teach children to be safe with guns, that kid had more basic gun safety sense than I see many adults exemplify.

Overall he had a great time although for the purposes of the photo he gave us the "tough guy face," next time I will bring the 10/22, I wasn't planning on doing any teaching when I packed just the sub2000.

View attachment 382916
I was out with my friends 9 year old son on Saturday.Sorry I do not have a picture. We were looking for a safe place to shoot big rifles long range. The kid shot my new S&W MP15-22 with a Eotech optic. He hit a plastic water bottle sending it uphill. Then kept it in play hitting it three more times. He got to do a mag dump on a steel plate. Shot 25 times with only one hit. He has been shooting various rimfire during the last two years and understands safety, marksmenship and not blabbing about it in school.

If you get your son into a wrestling/grappling type of sport or activity, he will very quickly realize that any length of hair that can be grabbed with force is too long.

One of the several reasons that I have had a buzz cut since I was 7 years old by my own choice. :)

+1 American. I can still make a neat, centered Windsor knot in a necktie without a mirror. It was a handy life skill in a couple of my past professions (last century). But on a few occasions when my former LEO duties required a suit and "silk noose," I wore a clip-on for the same reason you prefer shorter hair.

Back to teaching youngsters to shoot, here's one of my boys with a short 12ga, first exposure that day. (Note short wrestler hair.)

+1 American. I can still make a neat, centered Windsor knot in a necktie without a mirror. It was a handy life skill in a couple of my past professions (last century). But on a few occasions when my former LEO duties required a suit and "silk noose," I wore a clip-on for the same reason you prefer shorter hair.

I had to wear a tie daily for previous career, as a former wrestler I hated the notion, and if my former career involved any possibility of physical engagement I would have worn a clip on tie or a bow tie in a heart beat. As it was I never had to physically educate anyone, nor would have my former employer had wanted me to, so I wore full Windsor knot silk ties daily. Although, personally I cheated and slipped them over my head so I didn't have to tie it every single day. I prefer streamlining and removing unnecessary work as much as possible :)

IMG_5192.JPG IMG_5206.JPG

My girlfriend before I met her didn't have a CPL.

Now she has a CPL, knows how to make an AR function and can put accurate shots on target with iron sights or scopes with both pistols and rifles. This is her at RFGC with a Sig 938 and with her 50 yard target using an AR. She kept saying she wanted to hit the bulls eye, and it wasn't too many shots before she did in the head!

I'm super lucky, she just mentioned to me yesterday how we hadn't been to the range for a little while and should go soon. Apparently her goal is for us to be Mr. and Mrs. Smith minus the whole contract killer occupation part.

She's becoming a bullpup fan (my preference) because even though the AR is lighter than the Tavor, the center of balance on the Tavor makes it seem far less heavy while standing and shouldering it. Won't be long before she is participating in the Black Rifle shoots at RFGC.

BTW - If you bring a roll of masking tape to the range you can generally find a target that has only been shot a little bit, I never buy targets because of this. My favorite are the precision rifle shooters who put one ragged whole on the target and leave the rest untouched, I tip my hat to you guys. The people who leave their target looking like it was hit by birdshot need to learn how to shoot better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top