JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I make replica Star Wars movie props and sell them in various internet forums to people all over the world... seriously.

Here's a few of my works...

Scratch-built Stormtrooper blaster (based on a Sterling SMG) and display stand from PVC and other "brik-a-brak":
View attachment 226029
View attachment 226030

Here's an older version in the raw before paint:
View attachment 226031
View attachment 226032

Oh yeah.. the folding stock works too:
View attachment 226033

Next to a real Sterling SMG:
View attachment 226034
View attachment 226035
View attachment 226036

more blasters I've fabbed...
View attachment 226037
View attachment 226038
Those look really awesome, what are your suggestions for people that are thinking about making Star Wars props?
Did you also make that Sterling by yourself? I've kind of wanted to tackle one of those projects ever since I built a Sten gun.

20180916_205904.jpg

Those look really awesome, what are your suggestions for people that are thinking about making Star Wars props?
Did you also make that Sterling by yourself? I've kind of wanted to tackle one of those projects ever since I built a Sten gun.

View attachment 652848

If you want to get into making SW props I suggest the following...

Have LOTS of disposable income.

Have LOTS of spare time for R&D.

Have a divorce lawyer on retainer if you're married, because your spouse will get SICK of your obsession.

Nice Sten, BTW! :s0155:

This last week I have taken up lure crafting. I already tie my own flies, but I wanted to make some lures that I cannot find commercially. For starters, there's a top water / surface bass lure called the Whopper Plopper. It comes in big and bigger sizes, and one not quite as big size, but no real small size. I wanted a down sized version for finicky fish, and big bluegill / crappie and maybe even trout. So I had to make one, or, five... I finished a couple, I have some in the works right now even smaller than this one

H40qyrg.jpg

Here's one I made that's slightly larger, but still smaller than the smallest commercially available version

9UoUFEK.jpg

I also had a hand in making this guy :s0115::D

Z25lafn.jpg

These are the kind of fish I'm hoping will eat those lures too, by the way.

Need a M21 transmission? 1968, pulled in early 80's and unused since.

Nice car. Love those pre1980 Impalas.

I had a 1967 Impala SS, 396 4sp. Motor dynoed at 530 hp. I blew it up doing 105 mph in 3rd gear. I shifted into 4th and no power. I immediately looked at the oil gauge, 0 lbs. The aluminum piston didn't like that. Too many improvements to list, but I shoud have kept it and rebuilt the motor. I loved that car. It had everything plus that you could get from the factoy including a separate amplifier/pre-amp, wooden steering wheel, etc. No air conditioning though.

If you want to get into making SW props I suggest the following...

Have LOTS of disposable income.

Have LOTS of spare time for R&D.

Have a divorce lawyer on retainer if you're married, because your spouse will get SICK of your obsession.

Nice Sten, BTW! :s0155:
I guess I should just put the lawyer on speed dial, and get ready to live in the barn.

Thanks I have an unnatural love for tube guns.

Need a M21 transmission? 1968, pulled in early 80's and unused since.

Nice car. Love those pre1980 Impalas.

I had a 1967 Impala SS, 396 4sp. Motor dynoed at 530 hp. I blew it up doing 105 mph in 3rd gear. I shifted into 4th and no power. I immediately looked at the oil gauge, 0 lbs. The aluminum piston didn't like that. Too many improvements to list, but I shoud have kept it and rebuilt the motor. I loved that car. It had everything plus that you could get from the factoy including a separate amplifier/pre-amp, wooden steering wheel, etc. No air conditioning though.
Some of the numbers are probably off a little, but if that 396 were a 427, it would've made around 570HP.
considering a BBC Impala scaled about 4400 lbs. and 105 MPH is probably somewhere around the mid-low 12's, the engine swap would've dropped your 1/4 time from, say, 12.3 to about 11.98.
Wish I had a Nova, I'd take that tranny from you.

Here is something I didn't really make so much as improve a design flaw on my Duramax. 91D1E17E-76BD-4BE2-91F2-A309FBB83686.jpeg
I hated to have the cord for my block heater danglin' in the wind so I bought a marine grade receptacle and put in on my front bumper.
cost about $10. and took about 20 minutes. now It's more secure, weather resistant and I think it looks a whole lot better.

Some of the numbers are probably off a little, but if that 396 were a 427, it would've made around 570HP.
considering a BBC Impala scaled about 4400 lbs. and 105 MPH is probably somewhere around the mid-low 12's, the engine swap would've dropped your 1/4 time from, say, 12.3 to about 11.98.
Wish I had a Nova, I'd take that tranny from you.
I never made it to the track, mostly for lack of money for proper rear tires. It was fun though as I blew by Roadrunners and Corvettes. It didn't look like it was as fast as it was - definitely incognito. Not many big blocks that could pull 7000 plus RPM in a heartbeat. I still really like finch6013's 68.

I found the cause of the loss of oil pressure when I dropped the pan. In the bottom was the oil pickup that must have vibrated out. Never had one do that before.

I am now stuck with a 69 Chevelle SS 396, 4sp (M20) and positraction. Not good at road racing with turns. That posi wants to make the car go straight when you step on the gas.:cool:

Last Edited:
I never made it to the track, mostly for lack of money for proper rear tires. It was fun though as I blew by Roadrunners and Corvettes. It didn't look like it was as fast as it was - definitely incognito. Not many big blocks that could pull 7000 plus RPM in a heartbeat. I still really like finch6013's 68.

I found the cause of the loss of oil pressure when I dropped the pan. In the bottom was the oil pickup that must have vibrated out. Never had one do that before.

I am now stuck with a 69 Chevelle SS 396, 4sp (M20) and positraction. Not good at road racing with turns. That posi wants to make the car go straight when you step on the gas.:cool:
Apologies Pete.
Your post was a response to someone who had a race car. I made the leap to your experiences also being on the track without noticing that you never mentioned a race track, yourself.
'69 Chevelle is the quintessential "Muscle Car". We should all be so lucky as to own one.
Take it to your local dragstrip and eat the Hemi's. ;):s0155:

Dean

Apologies Pete.
Your post was a response to someone who had a race car. I made the leap to your experiences also being on the track without noticing that you never mentioned a race track, yourself.
'69 Chevelle is the quintessential "Muscle Car". We should all be so lucky as to own one.
Take it to your local dragstrip and eat the Hemi's. ;):s0155:

Dean
We had a quarter mile strip just outside of Poulsbo, but I can't remember the road name. Went there a lot. There were white lines on the road marking 1/4 mile exactly. They are probably still there.

You're talking about Noll Road.
That's been "the strip" for the high schoolers for many, many years.
I remember during my time at NK, a friend got a stopwatch from his dad and all of a sudden everyone had to be timed. :D;)

I built a "hunting lodge" out of a 6x10 trailer. For 2 people it is nearly perfect. Goes where RVs won't and takes up the footprint of a tent. Sets up in 5 min. Has a stove, microwave, frig, sink, heater, insulated, purpose built rifle racks, 2 windows, man door, under bunk storage, interior lights, fold down dining table, cherry paneling, laminated floors awning. The bunks fold up and it has anchor points for a motorcycle, my fishing kayak mounts on the side. The interior is 6'3" tall so I can stand up. A small Honda generator runs it without a strain. It has served me well. Fun to build for sure. Hook up and go.
4C79A976-4AF4-4611-99A1-61298E160ADE.jpeg E7CAB6A2-5E14-4DBE-BD0D-5561EE72991A.jpeg 6C46797D-7FB3-4D8A-9B32-0F40ED55DB98.jpeg 44F0C2CD-511D-43A5-B74B-E8AE9B16A7CF.jpeg CE47FB85-6FAB-4756-9E5C-89ADC55CAA3A.jpeg 5CC9C701-6698-4A79-8ACF-2CB7C7C14645.jpeg E4F3D82F-5D4F-4A77-A3A2-734CB9D6D8B5.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top