JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our home has a smallish eat-in area in the kitchen. A standard 42", 40", or even a 36" wide kitchen table is just too big. I looked all over creation to find one the right size but came up empty, so I made my own. This one is 96" long x 30" wide. We already had the bar height chairs, so I made this table higher than standard.

I looked into getting one custom made, but prices started at $1,800 and up. I've got about $250 into this table.

Kitchen Table - 01 (Large).JPG

Kitchen Table - 02 (Large).JPG

Kitchen Table - 05 (Large).JPG

Nice work, Zoidmeister!
About 20 years ago, I was moving to an apartment and had to downsize.
In Bremerton there was a furniture store going out of business (United Furniture) so I got a table for like $80, new, out the door.
4 metal chairs and it is 48X30.
I don't know how you guys make it work sitting across from each other. We can barely get the 4 people at this one....must have to do with the extra length.
These days I'm back in a house, but I still can't go that long here.
This table is almost a perfect match for the dining room, so we run with it.

Dean

Last Edited:
Nice work, Zoidmeister!
About 20 years ago, I was moving to an apartment and had to downsize.
In Bremerton there was a furniture store going out of business (United Furniture) so I got a table for like $80, new, out the door.
4 metal chairs and it is 48X30.
I don't know how you guys make it work sitting across from each other. We can barely get the 4 people at this one....must have to do with the extra length.
These days I'm back in house, but I still can't go that long here.
This table is almost a perfect match for the dining room, so we run with it.

Dean

It's actually quite comfortable. I wouldn't go any smaller, but there seems to be plenty of room, and I ain't a small guy. The kitchen counter is right behind the folks not sitting against the wall, so we use that as a "sideboard" for overflow serving dishes.

Z

A bit work on this patio in July & Aug.
Slightly out of order but you get it. I reduced the porch size then added a gutter downspout and a French drain then patched left over cracks & three coats of epoxy infused porch paint. Then brought in dirt and started a new lawn... i'm getting tired thinking about it
5F3A80C6-3D54-4FD5-B2C6-D2FA7A072136.jpeg 0E0E1FF0-9B67-4599-BFBA-87F1739D5E6A.jpeg 7B1AB001-2080-4FF2-8CDC-A5FBCCDCF7F8.jpeg 5D1560C3-6FC8-4383-BDEC-3FF50AA641D4.jpeg C4DD048E-8585-4EB6-BEB1-BA20E231265A.jpeg

Last Edited:
It's actually quite comfortable. I wouldn't go any smaller, but there seems to be plenty of room, and I ain't a small guy. The kitchen counter is right behind the folks not sitting against the wall, so we use that as a "sideboard" for overflow serving dishes.

Z
That's it. Right there.
You have an "overflow table".
My brother and his wife do the same thing.
Good move.
Thanks for filling in the blanks. :s0155:

Dean

Well, folks, some of you here know that I build train stuff in a variety of scales, but all designed to run on 45mm gauge track - seven different scales can use this multi-purpose model track gauge. My latest effort is an almost totally scratch-built 1940's era express reefer car, used to take perishables from the West coast inland to the major cities, like Calgary and Edmonton, before the development of high-powered yet compact refrigerator systems for moving vehicles.

This is a general view, and you'll see that the fancy door hinges and bolt locking systems are missing. The US supplier has yet to, uh, supply.......

Bought items include a brake wheel and safety ratchet/pawl, and, from the scrap box, an air regulator-like object that will do just fine as an air regulator-like object.

Top view -

DSC04316.JPG
Underside showing half the braking system. All the footsteps are drilled and pinned on, as well......................and are made from flattened alOOminum toobing.
DSC04314.JPG
Now to get on with the airtank/vacuum bottle side and finish off the airlines front to rear with teeny little 'glad-hands'....

Watch this space.

If interested, of course. :)

As a lifelong fabricator/constructor I've built plenty of stuff but the most recent, and peaceful, item was small, perhaps insignificant to most but celebrated one reason I was able to move to Oregon so inexpensively. I uploaded a picture of that. The most impressive, IMO, piece in daily use is the three ton bridge crane I've used for 30 years in my work and designed, fabricated and erected all by myself, just me and a forklift. My hat's off to those dedicated to painstaking details and the patience to get it perfect.

Pump House snow copy.jpg

I will never be as handy as many of you but finally this project is done (minus painting and finishing insulation/ceiling sheeting).

I've had a good amount of help along the way from those more experienced than I am in different phases. The tall wall is 10', will have a SunTuff enclosed greenhouse built of the side, probably in spring or summer next year. Fully insulated and wired.

went 10x20, 10' tall wall, 3-12 pitch roof, something like 7'6" low wall that's tall enough to clear the shelving with a tote on top. Wired for 220, 60A to sub panel. This is the center of backyard renovation and making it more garden-esque.

No reloading gear out here. Just storage and garden supplies
A7DC6A76-601F-4DE2-BA9B-EB81B0DFA711.jpeg

CC8E97A1-F3D0-47DD-B2BC-AB77D6543EA5.jpeg

I went over budget but it's worth it to be nearly done. Wired for security and a WiFi booster too!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top