JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made a sign! :D

Me... Needing a little recreation fun(d)!
Need Ammo.jpg

I did build that Klone. I was heavily involved in the hobby in 2008 and beyond. The Klon was RE'd by then, but the diode mystery still had legs. Probably an early version of what would become the Madbean offering of the genre.

I do use my cordless, and I do keep the speed down.

And I am a bass player, so I change strings bi-annually, or never, depending!

When you do change bass strings, offer the old ones to your drummer....especially if they have brass barrels.
They make great "sizzles" for the ride cymbal.

Sort of. I am a Title Officer IRL, lol!

I also have a warped sense of distance.

Everything north of the Columbia is WA/CAN/AK, interchangeably.

All points beyond Boise are the East Coast.

Everything south of Roseburg is the State of Jefferson.

Not much to brag about, but I hot rodded one of Mom's walkers the other day....

View attachment 586458

...she has another one that she uses in the house and it has 4 wheels. This was her first one and only had the wheel in the front, but it folds up so flat and is nicer to pack around than the other one, so we keep this one in the car.
Recently the 4 wheeler had to be replaced and she had to use this one. Not a happy camper. She'd gotten so used to using 4 wheels, dragging tennis balls was...well, a drag!.
So I found an extra set of wheels at Rite-Aid the other day and installed them on her walker.
She's much happier now.

What is the the "official" term for these things?
Rollator -- is a term I have seen, but not heard from others.

I just bought my mom one. After research, 200 mm wheels are a better size if there may be rough terrain - ie flagstones, gravel, etc.
As new can be north of $125 modding one makes sense.

What is the the "official" term for these things?
Rollator -- is a term I have seen, but not heard from others.

I just bought my mom one. After research, 200 mm wheels are a better size if there may be rough terrain - ie flagstones, gravel, etc.
As new can be north of $125 modding one makes sense.
A man who knows his Rollators!
Yeah, the folder was a hospital freebie after an E-ward visit showed mom had a concussion from a fall she took a few months before.
Problem now is, no a place to sit if she needs to and there's no chair around.
...chairs, wheels, stairs...you learn about the important things in life, caring for older people.
Anyway, so I'm now cruising the speed shops for a folding chair that will fit that walker. I've seen one before, I just have to re-locate it.
FWIW, the one we have at home is a Drive 301 Jr. Rollator.

137180.jpg
(this is an R728BL, but its identical to the 301)

Has a seat with a little pouch underneath, its height adjustable (more importantly, it adjusts in the height range that works for her <--important thing to keep in mind when shopping for one).
It won't show up on Drive's website, but its still available. This is her second one.
The one I really like is the Clever-Lite Walker Junior w/5" casters.

107001.jpg

It doesn't have the pouch the 301 has but that seems to be a minor detail. This one is lighter than the 301 and it folds like the hot rod, so it carries easier than the 301 does.
One issue I have with Rollators like the 301 is that they don't fold flat and are unbalanced, so they don't carry as easy.
There's a strap that fits on your shoulder inside the pouch under the seat and when you pull up on it, the front and rear wheels come together, so its flatter, but that back rest bar hangs out like a giant counter balance, but there's nothing to counter, so it constantly wants to flip the whole walker over...and it always wants to flip away from you.
Very clumsy to carry.
Another one I might consider is one of the Nitro walkers....

137233.jpg
It's what's known as a "side folder", which means the sides come together. This would seem to allow it to fold almost as flat as the one I hot rodded but it has the seat and pouch.
I just don't know how easy it would be to carry in the folded position.
I picture it as if carried under one's arm, like a large painting.....that might not be so bad...hopefully better than the one she uses now.
Anyway, some thoughts on my recent experience with walkers.

Dean

Last Edited:
I made this a while back. Takedown came with polymer stock. I converted a wood stock to work and refinished it. It did take some trickery and a bit of time, but I am happy with how it turned out. IMG_20170813_102537363.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top