JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I occasionally build custom slingshots, here are two I've made in the last year - one for a guy back east another for a guy in Germany. Each one is made from different woods as well as homemade micarta for the scales on the "Liberty" and for the core of "Die Urutu". I haven't sold any yet, each of the builds are for gifts or for trades of builds by others around the world. It's fun hobby, but one I don't spend a lot of time on.

IMG_2552_zps1af7750f.jpg

IMG_2573_zpsf39bcb86.jpg

IMG_3293_zps940ca522.jpg

IMG_3285_zpscb0e1b42.jpg

Bike I built for a "rad rod" bike build off. The bars, front end and all the rear suspension stuff I built from scratch as well as the hand hammered copper seat.
View attachment 226045

View attachment 226046

This is one of the coolest projects I ever worked on. I collaborated with the artist Anna Shear. I built the thing, she designed it all and did all the little infill and glass work. Its in the side of a QFC in Ballard Washington. I am currently building something very similar for a condo complex in Seattle
View attachment 226047

Titanium Spork I forged, Because who doesn't need a Ti spork?

View attachment 226048

A 2.5 ton truck I bought surplus, bobbed, built a flat bed and winch bumper for

View attachment 226049

This was a zip line tower I built on a friends place.
View attachment 226050

Robby the robot.

View attachment 226051

Built from scratch bike frame
View attachment 226052

"sword" rough forged from a jackhammer bit.

View attachment 226053

I could go on, but you get the idea.
Your one kick azz talent. Your tats fit the part as well.
That wall thing is nuts!
Where do I start to learn how to weld?

Learning to weld is the easy part. A welder is nothing more than an expensive hot glue gun for metal.
What you need to learn is to be a craftsman. In any discipline being a craftsman means the same thing. You care, if you cant do it you learn how and you keep at it day after day. There is no magic involved, anything I can do you can do if you throw enough time at it.

Learning to weld is the easy part. A welder is nothing more than an expensive hot glue gun for metal.
What you need to learn is to be a craftsman. In any discipline being a craftsman means the same thing. You care, if you cant do it you learn how and you keep at it day after day. There is no magic involved, anything I can do you can do if you throw enough time at it.
Your a throw back. Old school. Thanks for the advice.

Never a truer statement on becoming a craftsman. True craftsmen also have an appreciation for ANYTHING (just about) that is done well. ;)

I weld wood.....:p

I made this back in the 80's when I worked at a fab shop (Irvington-Moore). You who work in industry will know what a "G-job" is.

The blade is 4140 annealed that was heat-treated by the machine shop foreman. The wood is ironwood that is used for chain conveyor carry ways.

The idea I had was to create a big knife that was still usable for cutting, whittling, etc. hence the deep belly close to the hilt. The second section is flat and can be used for cutting veggies, the third edge is the point which is sharp on both sides. All three edges have different angles. This thing is so massive and tough that you could hammer it into a tree and use it as a step!

That said, I never use it or carry it.

4aa25929019ca89cf41744c4adfca3a3_zpskngiwigt.jpg

55095e09a7085806bc81933e5d2cd53b_zpsv1iicvqk.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR