JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
great stuff, drewp!

@Rick4070 we also have one of the smaller programmable Paragon units. That's how the Mrs. started out after deciding not wanting to run over to Bullseye in SE PDX every time she wanted to fuse something. But it was good for her to do so starting out as she learned a LOT from the folks there on firing schedules.

The big Skutt has an issue with the programmer. For now she is manually setting the firing schedule because the Skutt programmer keeps erroring out saying the rise event time is too long even though she is using one of the pre-programmed schedules.

Odd about the error, especially when using a pre-programed cycle.....

I had a similar thing happen using an on-line suggested cycle for doing flower pot melts, (when you take a bunch of shards of glass, put them into a flower pot, put some spacers under it, and heat it up enough that the glass melts and pours out the bottom of the pot, forming a disc of melted glass. it did NOT like the schedule, so I had to keep tweaking it until it worked.

Most of the kiln companies are good to work with, I have had to replace one relay in Our Paragon, and with the on-line and printed tutorial, it was easy.

I built this house, with some help from Dad:

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5011872,-123.2324717,77m/data=!3m1!1e3

Also I built a boat, here it is in the middle of the process:

IMG_0148_zpsk4txyajc.jpg

Strangely, I don't have a photo of the finished product, but it ended up more or less like these:
http://gaboats.com/boats/whitehalljr_photo.html

The stringers are Port Orford Cedar, the ribs are Oregon White Oak. About as Oregonian as you could get with it! :)

Last Edited:
Ive done that too.
I took a 1991 4runner, plated the frame, sas'd it and put a 2rz out of 1998 tacoma in it
nice dude! sometimes i wish i did that kind of stuff more often but working at a GM dealership as a journeyman technician makes me just not wanna work on cars outside/after work. :(

Saw a few neat posters at St. Paul this year. I contacted the artist directly and ordered a few of his rodeo series. Found out in a month or two he is doing one for Pendelton. That will be a keeper for sure.

Anyhow just old leftover cedar, some leather and clear poly carb, with and 1/8" hard foam backing board from tap plastics, they cut to size for free! Looks pretty cool!
Poster size is 17.5"X38.750"

image.jpeg

My fire table. Built it from scraps and a loading dock ramp. On the 4th I had it set up for charcoal grilling. We had about 25 people over and I was grilling for four hours. When it was all done I threw a few logs on.

IMG_20160704_154958.jpg IMG_20160704_210940.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads