JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
US spy lab hopes to geotag every outdoor photo on social media

IARPA (Home) has an app that can locate where the pic was taken by terrain, sky and other features visible in the app.

Yes, many devices include GPS data in a photo, but some people turn that off or remove the data (I almost always have GPS turned off in my phone as it sucks battery power), but this app does not need that data.

Why is this an issue?

Well think of this as another way that the gov. can track your whereabouts and habits, especially when you are out shooting, or maybe you did something else there and you took a pic and you thought it was safe to post it, but did not necessarily want the gov. to know where you did that thing (e.g., where you go hunting or camping).

Meh. bubblegum em. .gov ain't gonna bubblegum with me when I am out shooting or hunting. Too much work. They will kill my wife and dog when I am at work and ambush me on the way home.

Someone's not wearing there tin foil hat! :rolleyes:

I wish I could see the look on those tin foil fat wearers from the 60s or whatever when they learned that in 2018, people are not only OK with mind control, but actively participate in, and are addicted to it via social media (Mainly facebook).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top