JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A 1939 Erma K98k, a recent pickup from a NWFA member. The stock is a Minelli's reproduction, but with some sanding and fitting to improve the profile. Still needs oil.

View attachment 1139521
So , I happen to stop by WGS and dug into their barrel of stocks, and... a matching 1938 Erma (Waa77) stock and handguard happen to be there, for $55. (Yes, $55!)...

So, while I like the minelli's stock, this one is better. So here is she again, almost all matching (except for the H band and magazine floor plate) 1939 Erma K98k, in a 1938 Erma stock.

1648950701285.png DF153CFE-F653-4250-9369-A390D91E5237.jpeg

Last Edited:
Acquired a couple of Carcanos, 1936 Terni 91 Moschetto and 1941 Terni M41. Both of these have shiny bores w/ no pitting. It makes me wonder if the Italians did not use corrosive ammo or just did a better job of cleaning.

I have an M38 "short rifle" on the way.. My poor wallet :/

I wasn't going to get into Carcanos as I have no more time or space, but I tell myself in 10 years Carcanos will go up like Mosins and everyone will regret not getting them. Plus the history of Italy in the Spanish Civil War and in Greece, North Africa is very interesting.

View attachment 1144423 View attachment 1144424

I keep wondering if the Carcano will go the way of the Mosin or not. On one hand I kinda hope so because I got so many of the damn things... and so much of milsurp stuff eventually does go up drastically in price when supply dries up. On the other hand, Mosins have the advantage of relatively cheap, common ammo. It was produced in multiple countries and still has multiple producers today. Obviously recent events have driven up the costs of x54R but it's still several times cheaper and more available than 6.5 or 7.35 Carcano, which in turn affects desirability.
Yup, without ammo and the clips. The Carcano is a DEAD END for me. Not to mention, the higher cost to even consider reloading for it.

Aloha, Mark

Not all of us know what that is. just sayin'. :oops:
it was the Soviet mag fed semi auto replacement for the bolt action Mosin 91/30
but didn't do well in the cold/muddy Russian winter and most units went back to the reliable 91/30
in -36 deg weather, the semi auto didn't fare well
offering no offence, my bucket list was this 1936 Mosin Sniper
and a 1928 Fin M28, with a SIG barrel and pot belly stock

P1030863.JPG P1030951.JPG

Because I like projects.

1938 Berlin-Lübecker ( S/237) K98k, sporter rescue with matching barrel+receiver+bolt+trigger guard and magazine bits. Minelli's repro walnut stock. Still needs some Waa26 bands, so if you have one in your parts bin, I'm interested.

Before:

1654448739147.png

After:
1654448756606.png

Layaway doesn't ease the wallet pain but one bucket list gun down.

Tula SVT40 (I believe 1943 production)

View attachment 1213855 View attachment 1213857
Beautiful, congratulations. They are nice shooting rifles. If it has any trouble cycling remember it has a gas cutoff valve like an M14.

The price on these has skyrocketed. They were $1500-ish right before Covid. It seemed like a lot of money at the time. Now I'm kicking myself I didn't get one.

Two newest additions to the collection. 1944 Sako M39 (rounded join point) and Yugo M48 with plenty of cosmoline in it still.

With the exception of two small chipped areas on the M39's stock both these rifles are in otherwise excellent condition with near perfect bores. Numbers matching as best as I can tell (no strikethroughs on the mosin). Got lucky and picked these up for roughly 20% and 33% of current value respectively.

20220613_185953.jpg 20220613_190018.jpg

Two newest additions to the collection. 1944 Sako M39 (rounded join point) and Yugo M48 with plenty of cosmoline in it still.

With the exception of two small chipped areas on the M39's stock both these rifles are in otherwise excellent condition with near perfect bores. Numbers matching as best as I can tell (no strikethroughs on the mosin). Got lucky and picked these up for roughly 20% and 33% of current value respectively.

View attachment 1221601 View attachment 1221602
the Yugo Mausers are some fine shooting rifles
many had new barrels that were only armory checked
the problem is always ammo - there are some members with 8mm ammo still stashed away
you may know Yugo Mausers and German Mausers don't have interchangeable parts
the Yugos have an intermediate bolt and the Germans have a long bolt

the problem is always ammo - there are some members with 8mm ammo still stashed away
SGAmmo has a lot of surplus (corrosive) 8mm in stock. If you don't reload that's pretty much your best bet.

Many years ago I lucked out and found a few hundred rounds of Yugo 8mm "sniper" ammo from the 1980s. That stuff was amazing. I could get M39/K31 type of accuracy out of my German Mausers.

That reminds me, I have some surplus 8mm ammo that I need to put up on the trader here. It's amazing how expensive old surplus is nowadays; I can beat their price on Turkish 8mm.

Nowadays I typically just shoot my own reloads. I do have a few hundred rounds of grungy Spanish 8mm ammo from the 1950's, that I shoot through the FN49 when I know I'm going to clean it well. I also have several hundred rounds of Canadian 8mm from the same time period, have been hanging onto it since it's non-corrosive and boxer primed. As I recall I bought both of these back in the early '90s from Paragon, if anyone remembers them.

It's been a while, so..

A Romanian contract Vz-24 that I got on trade from a member here. Needed a few bits, but I'm happy with it now that it is complete.

1664992809716.png

And a Polish crested Wz-29 that was posted recently . It also needed some bits, like a proper Polish bolt, but result is also pretty good.

1664992975791.png
1664992996946.png

1664993026070.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR