JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Except the UF55 No4Mk2 all are or will be shot. Still, at one point the Maltby No4 shoots just like the Faz and just like the Longbranch, so I usually take one No1 and one No4 to the range to get my 303 kicks. Yes, I remember the time when I told myself I would get one representative of each type, so one No1 and one No4, any make during WW2 time, and be happy. I look back at that time with fondness...

Good Lord man! Do you shoot them? Or are they just for lookin' at and fondlin' ? I've got a 1918 BSA SMLE. The stock shows it has to have some stories if it could talk. I would love to have a Long Branch too.

I would like to thank the members of this community for supporting my addiction.

12, 13, 14 and 15

42 Savage No4mk1*
44 BSA No4

F52EDB34-A482-49F8-95CB-DD4ECE963B24.jpeg

1950 longbranch no4mk1*
1918 Enfield no1mk

137CA8C0-86DE-42E2-B1B9-5459877AC233.jpeg

I may have a problem, but addiction is curable, right? Right?!!!!!

View attachment 825752View attachment 825754

From the top:

1939 BSA No1MkIII* Commercial Iraqi contract
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII* FTR 52 Cadet
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII* Coachwood stocked
1942 Ishapore No1MkIII* (all matching in original wood)
1942 Lithgow No1MkIII*
1953 Ishapore No1Mk3* (yes, in 303)

1943 Longbranch No4Mk1*
1943 Fazakerley No4Mk1
1944 Maltby No4Mk1
1943 Longbranch No4Mk1* --> 53 FTR to 1/3 at Fazakerley
1955 Fazakerley No4Mk2 (UF55 , unfired)

Last Edited:
I think I see a "P" for private series. If so this was a post 1952 made rifle for club match shooting. The bore and breech would be slightly tighter than the military versions because assumption that they didn't need to ever run dirty. Looks like it has the correct walnut stock another difference as post war military issued used beach. You don't need GP11 ammo to shoot accurately. Look up 'lencac' on youtube to learn correct loading techniques. Nice find....

I think I see a "P" for private series. If so this was a post 1952 made rifle for club match shooting. The bore and breech would be slightly tighter than the military versions because assumption that they didn't need to ever run dirty. Looks like it has the correct walnut stock another difference as post war military issued used beach. You don't need GP11 ammo to shoot accurately. Look up 'lencac' on youtube to learn correct loading techniques. Nice find....
AH!, great info Phantom Man! Much thanks! I have been scratching my head on this one, and you answered it spot on. There is a P code, which I knew was the private series. But the serial number falls into some odd special order field from the Swedish military when I look it up on Swedish shooting websites, and designated target use would make 100% sense. I was thinking the Walnut stock shouldn't be on this one, because the year is late (I think it was 1956), and it looks to have a red color to it not normally seen on the standard Walnut stock versions, better finish too. The left side Diopter mount is also both rare, and backs up what you said too. The clamp on style diopters are more common, but even those are very rare. The cut is blued over, which should mean it was not done after the fact by the individual shooter. They were before the clamp on style, and requited machining on the left side of the gun. The missing original front sight, and larger globe also would point to factory work specific work. And good info on the internal tolerances, that makes me happy :) I would have got one of these years ago, but simply couldn't find the ammo. But as you said, ill check out "Lencac" online, and start reloading. I have offloaded a bunch of 7.62x39 ammo to fund reloading equipment, and I am selling a Glock tomorrow to pay for the K31. Fantastic trade in my book! I just ordered up a K31 specific mold from NOE molds and plan on casting my own boolits!

AH!, great info Phantom Man! Much thanks! I have been scratching my head on this one, and you answered it spot on. There is a P code, which I knew was the private series. But the serial number falls into some odd special order field from the Swedish military when I look it up on Swedish shooting websites, and designated target use would make 100% sense. I was thinking the Walnut stock shouldn't be on this one, because the year is late (I think it was 1956), and it looks to have a red color to it not normally seen on the standard Walnut stock versions, better finish too. The left side Diopter mount is also both rare, and backs up what you said too. The clamp on style diopters are more common, but even those are very rare. The cut is blued over, which should mean it was not done after the fact by the individual shooter. They were before the clamp on style, and requited machining on the left side of the gun. The missing original front sight, and larger globe also would point to factory work specific work. And good info on the internal tolerances, that makes me happy :) I would have got one of these years ago, but simply couldn't find the ammo. But as you said, ill check out "Lencac" online, and start reloading. I have offloaded a bunch of 7.62x39 ammo to fund reloading equipment, and I am selling a Glock tomorrow to pay for the K31. Fantastic trade in my book! I just ordered up a K31 specific mold from NOE molds and plan on casting my own boolits!
No need to cast as factory 308's work wonderfully and would be more accurate than most people can produce. There were only 11K or so private series rifles made so it's a good find. The only downside to these rifles is that they are set up for 300M target shooting and if you want to plink at different distances it's more work. Swiss Products out of Montana makes some modern versions of what you have with more flexibility. Your concern with loading is getting correct bullet to lands gap. As I mentioned, use "lencac" as he's the best load developer in the country for these.

Good Lord man! Do you shoot them? Or are they just for lookin' at and fondlin' ? I've got a 1918 BSA SMLE. The stock shows it has to have some stories if it could talk. I would love to have a Long Branch too.

Mikej, what was that about lookin' and fondlin'....? Not enough hands my friend, not enough....

No1s.jpeg

No4s.jpeg

1918 Enfield No1MkII* with a 1918 Sanderson type 1907 bayonet
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII*
1942 Lithgow No1MkIII* with a 1942 MA marked blade
1942 Ishapore No1MkIII* (all matching in original wood) with a 44 MkII Bayonet (bayo is DP marked unfortunately)
1943 BSA No1MKIII* Dispersal

1943 Longbranch No4Mk1* with a LB marked bayonet
1943 Fazakerley No4Mk1
1943 Savage No4Mk1* with a S marked bayonet
1944 Maltby No4Mk1
1944 BSA No4Mk1
1950 Lonbranch No4Mk1* with a LB marked bayonet
1943 Longbranch No4Mk1* --> 51 FTR to 1/3 at Fazakerley with a 52 marked No9 bayonet
1955 Fazakerley No4Mk2 (UF55 , unfired) with a wax wrapped unmarked No9 bayonet and scabbard (not pictured)

Last Edited:
Do you remember when that truck was scheduled to come to your house? You figured it would be worth it, to stay at home and wait for the delivery. It was like Christmas Day for big kids, even though it was nowhere close to December 25th. The truck arrived, you took the package inside and your palms got sweaty in anticipation of opening that package.....

View attachment 366455

View attachment 366456

View attachment 366457

View attachment 366458

View attachment 366459

View attachment 366460

View attachment 366461

View attachment 366462

View attachment 366463

View attachment 366464

View attachment 366465

Aloha, Mark
Ah, memories ...

Mikej, what was that about lookin' and fondlin'....? Not enough hands my friend, not enough....

View attachment 866831

View attachment 866832

1918 Enfield No1MkII* with a 1918 Sanderson type 1907 bayonet
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII*
1942 Lithgow No1MkIII* with a 1942 MA marked blade
1942 Ishapore No1MkIII* (all matching in original wood) with a 44 MkII Bayonet (bayo is DP marked unfortunately)
1943 BSA No1MKIII* Dispersal

1943 Longbranch No4Mk1* with a LB marked bayonet
1943 Fazakerley No4Mk1
1943 Savage No4Mk1* with a S marked bayonet
1944 Maltby No4Mk1
1944 BSA No4Mk1
1950 Lonbranch No4Mk1* with a LB marked bayonet
1943 Longbranch No4Mk1* --> 51 FTR to 1/3 at Fazakerley with a 52 marked No9 bayonet
1955 Fazakerley No4Mk2 (UF55 , unfired) with a wax wrapped unmarked No9 bayonet and scabbard (not pictured)
The Indian military has a few more than you still..!

Last Edited:
Not mad keen on the colouring of the K31 wood, but i do like them, i was so close to buying one from @Velzey and didn't know enough about them and missed out :(

Not mad keen on the colouring of the K31 wood, but i do like them, i was so close to buying one from @Velzey and didn't know enough about them and missed out :(
They are an acquired taste. The straight pull bolt is not natural and the length the pull is very short but you learn to appreciate them for what they are. Well made, extremely accurate and very low recoil. You get used to that... lol

They are an acquired taste. The straight pull bolt is not natural and the length the pull is very short but you learn to appreciate them for what they are. Well made, extremely accurate and very low recoil. You get used to that... lol

Has it got the discolored butt on the stock from resting in wet like a lot of them do?

Has it got the discolored butt on the stock from resting in wet like a lot of them do?
Not now. This is one of the few rifles I would restore because of the countries neutrality. This came to me in decent shape with the barreled action in unissued condition but the wood had some issues so I restored it. I used the correct orange shellac then a protective coat of poly.

Last Edited:
Not now. This is one of the few rifles I would restore because of the countries neutrality. This came to me in decent shape with the barreled action in unissued condition but the wood had some issues so I restored it. I used the correct orange shellac then a protective coat of poly.

View attachment 875102

I want one. The K31 not the Schmidt Rubin. Just missed one here a year or so ago from a member I'd done biz with before.

There were a bunch on the used rack at Cabela's well before the rona came. Some were pretty ugly considering the came from a neutral country. Price seemed pretty high for that much ugly.

I want one. The K31 not the Schmidt Rubin. Just missed one here a year or so ago from a member I'd done biz with before.

There were a bunch on the used rack at Cabela's well before the rona came. Some were pretty ugly considering the came from a neutral country. Price seemed pretty high for that much ugly.
Wait for a good one. 500k plus were made so not reason to buy a beat one. I bought this from a member from the west side who is in computer technology and came with an ammo battle pack. Is this that rifle?
I wanted the battle pack and was going to re-sale the rifle but the more I looked at it I became sold on restoring as the action was perfect. Not for everybody...

Wait for a good one. 500k plus were made so not reason to buy a beat one. I bought this from a member from the west side who is in computer technology and came with an ammo battle pack. Is this that rifle?
I wanted the battle pack and was going to re-sale the rifle but the more I looked at it I became sold on restoring as the action was perfect. Not for everybody...

That isn't the one I missed. That one had a dark stock and a plaque as some kind of personal target rifle or something. I don't recall now.

I never looked for one, but then this came up as a pair with an Enfield, so I went for it...

k31.PNG

While not stock, I'm in love with my sporterized, ww2 era, Jap type 99 Arisaka. Chambered in 7.7mm and fairly accurate. Unfortunately the mum has been ground off.

20210504_110948.jpg 20210504_111250.jpg 20210504_111425.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads