JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cascade Loan in Auburn? I wanted to round out my Enfield collection. I have 2 Longbranch No4Mk1*, but did not have a UK manufactured No4Mk1. Now I do.
Ahh, no, i saw one that i know just sold in Estacada.

I have a Fazakerley one, but it's a Mk2, 1954 - i only want one more, British, but from War time.

Addicted to them for some reason that I can't quite explain... this one is 1918-dated.
C4F9BEE9-A6F0-42E0-ADE6-6B2A42F1A0CD.jpeg

JOINED THE SVT CLUB TOO...
Hi Fellas,

Picked an SVT a while back, and have been going over the GB tutorial. I noticed a few things while comparing it to the data. I was able to get a break in my kitchen remodel, actually I stopped because I couldn't wait any longer, and the boss was gone. I took the bolt & trigger group out, so I could drool over everything, and run some Butches Bore Shine through the barrel.

All the groups were pretty clean, but the bore could use some love. Quickie clean job, but it's still pretty dark, lands look sharp, grooves still have crap in them. I just wanted to do what I could and get some oil in there. I'm pretty sure it's gonna shoot good regardless.

Everything EPd has the same number, including the brake, but not the mag. No rails, I guess I jumped the gun when I got a scope mount I stumbled across, now I'll have to find another rifle that fits it tongue.gif .

'41 Tula star refurb. Haven't looked everywhere for the marks, but the most obvious are:
Plumb bolt forced matched carrier & bolt
TG (narrow) & receiver numbers match, but it has 2 letters "CM" preceding the serial, where the chart only shows 1 letter
Safety has a hole
Matching stock struck horizontally
Mag epd not matching, it's mag #3 with the original serial stamped out, has a single lug, not quite round pin hole
Thicker AVT furniture and 7 hole HG
2 port brake
Correct canvas and leather sling with buckles and dog collar attached at butt, 2 piece front sling swivel

I got baggie of goodies, the fella said there was a gas adjusting tool. Haven't dumped that stuff out and inventoried it. Plan on getting the stainless parts now that it's in my hot little hands.

Also ran across 1K Russian X54 at '90s prices, and I've already been sitting on a ton of it for the Mosins.

The SVT40 is a pretty cool machine thing. I hope it doesn't send me down the rabbit hole.

Just for giggles, I drug out my FN49 and Garand to handle them side by side. SERIOUS main battle rifles. They're both too cool, I feel fortunate to have been able to acquire them.

svt40%20002_zpsqevy4xql.jpg

svt40%20004_zpshrw00dkp.jpg

svt40%20003_zpspsoslop8.jpg

Gorgeous SVT40. Hold onto that one!

I had the opportunity to shoot an SVT40 a few weeks ago owned by another forum member. Very, very, nice smooth shooting rifle. Great ergonomics - easy to load, charge, and shoulder. Indeed, one wonders what might've happened if the Soviets had more of these on hand...

Last Edited:
Gorgeous SVT40. Hold onto that one!

I had the opportunity to shoot an SVT40 a few weeks ago owned by another forum member. Very, very, nice smooth shooting rifle. Great ergonomics - easy to load, charge, and shoulder. Indeed, one wonders what might've happened if the Soviets had more of these on hand...

They would likely have killed a whole lot more Germans than they already did.....

No4MK1T Dad bought this from Golden State Arms sometime in the late 50's. If Dad hadn't "sporterized" it this package would be worth more dollars than it is now, but this one won't be for sale, ever. This rifle is a large part of the reason for my fascination of WWII and WWI before hand.
View attachment 800325View attachment 800326

While we're on the WWII kick, here's the dagger Uncle Ed brought back and gave to Dad. I think it's the best letter opener.
View attachment 800327

That sporterised stock has taken maybe $3000-4000 off the insurance value of that otherwise nice rifle. Still, as you are never going to sell it, it's a never-no-mind.

That sporterised stock has taken maybe $3000-4000 off the insurance value of that otherwise nice rifle. Still, as you are never going to sell it, it's a never-no-mind.
Yeah. I know. Dad "fixed" it so it wouldn't be so heavy. He said that was a waste of effort, it just made it look different. He put a Williams sight on it and left the scope at home.
I'm thinkin I should hunt with it next year. It's been "parked" for too long.

Four 4s, done, for now

43 Longbranch No4mk1*
43 Fazakerley No4Mk1
43 Longbranch No4 Mk1* —> 51 Mk1/3
55 Fazakerley No4Mk2 UF55 ( unfired)

DA35F587-6B9D-4049-BF7E-23D3B0E77BD3.jpeg

It's the light probably, but the UF55 wood is dry, like it never had any oil or anything in it. I am finishing one more enfield project and when it's done I'll take a family picture.

Wow, your 55 looks so much light beech wood compared to my 54 - and, um, i want your 43 Faz :)

I may have a problem, but addiction is curable, right? Right?!!!!!

No1s.jpeg No4s.jpeg

From the top:

1939 BSA No1MkIII* Commercial Iraqi contract
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII* FTR 52 Cadet
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII* Coachwood stocked
1942 Ishapore No1MkIII* (all matching in original wood)
1942 Lithgow No1MkIII*
1953 Ishapore No1Mk3* (yes, in 303)

1943 Longbranch No4Mk1*
1943 Fazakerley No4Mk1
1944 Maltby No4Mk1
1943 Longbranch No4Mk1* --> 53 FTR to 1/3 at Fazakerley
1955 Fazakerley No4Mk2 (UF55 , unfired)

Last Edited:
I may have a problem, but addiction is curable, right? Right?!!!!!

View attachment 825752View attachment 825754

From the top:

1939 BSA No1MkIII* Commercial Iraqi contract
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII* FTR 52 Cadet
1941 Lithgow No1MkIII* Coachwood stocked
1942 Ishapore No1MkIII* (all matching in original wood)
1942 Lithgow No1MkIII*
1953 Ishapore No1Mk3* (yes, in 303)

1943 Longbranch No4Mk1*
1943 Fazakerley No4Mk1
1944 Maltby No4Mk1
1943 Longbranch No4Mk1* --> 53 FTR to 1/3 at Fazakerley
1955 Fazakerley No4Mk2 (UF55 , unfired)

Good Lord man! Do you shoot them? Or are they just for lookin' at and fondlin' ? I've got a 1918 BSA SMLE. The stock shows it has to have some stories if it could talk. I would love to have a Long Branch too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top