JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. Burma, a small country in SE Asia.

2. Africa, a large continent 3000 miles West of Burma.
For all you know she forgot to type "and" just like you forgot to type "was" and asserted something that no longer exists is a reference point to a continent. Burma was the land that is now Myanmar, FWIW...

:s0055:

I still call the Netherlands Holland...

1. Burma, a small country in SE Asia.

2. Africa, a large continent 3000 miles West of Burma.
Ok obviously I need to go get the trunk of his military stuff from my mom's storage. And do more research too. Geography lessons too. This is what happens when you take your mom's fuzzy recollected memories as facts. This all started from looking for extra mags for the pistol she inherited from my grandfather. Its gotten me really intrigued about finding out all the info. And obviously that will require my own digging as my moms memory is fading... Thank you all for helping us on this journey

Another view of my rather ugly Carcano 91/24. Has a surprisingly decent bore considering its external condition. I've owned several Carcanos of various models and they seem to have the least smooth actions of any military bolt rifles. Still fairly interesting guns, though.

5D6F0907-A7D8-4147-BF71-2A3179B28CA6.jpeg

1942 No. 1 Mk III Lithgow. FTR 1947. This one has no export markings to/from India. I got it from a Pawn Shop in Colorado that was going out of business, for a very good price (it pays to check Pawn Shops). Very soft gentle shooter. Plan to keep for a long time.

No 1 Mk III_3-27-20.JPG

My quest is complete, finally got my Wz.29. Spanish Civil War variant unfortunately, because $2000 for a Radom Marked Wz.29 is just nuts.

So, my parade got rained on a little, as I discovered the bolt is actually a Vz.24 bolt and not a Wz.29. Any chance anyone here has either a Wz.29 bolt or a K98 bolt they may be persuaded to unload?

Karabinek29.JPG

Last Edited:
Bumping the thread and asking for little help maybe. So, my parade got rained on a little, as I discovered the bolt is actually a Vz.24 bolt and not a Wz.29. Any chance anyone here has either a Wz.29 bolt or a K98 bolt they may be persuaded to unload?

Cleaned her up a little. Stock cleaned with Krud Cutter and re-olied, with some dark brown alcohol leather dye added to one of the oil coats. Bolt cold blued. I figured she's a mix master already, so...

Newstock.JPG redone.JPG

New Bolt.JPG

My quest is complete, finally got my Wz.29. Spanish Civil War variant unfortunately, because $2000 for a Radom Marked Wz.29 is just nuts.

So, my parade got rained on a little, as I discovered the bolt is actually a Vz.24 bolt and not a Wz.29. Any chance anyone here has either a Wz.29 bolt or a K98 bolt they may be persuaded to unload?

View attachment 720034

Another rifle I got from Royal Tiger Imports. I ordered an original collector grade and would have complained based on the condition, but I always wanted a US Savage marked Enfield. I believe the stock is from an earlier model Enfield, but I really don't know much about these. The disc I added since it came missing.This went to Ethiopia after WWII and is back in the States.

A2D3C944-EACE-4080-8C9E-DBACD55AC812.jpeg 76AE529F-359C-48E9-9104-355A2E65CAA5.jpeg C8C59581-50D7-4401-92FA-7DF44E999556.jpeg

Picked from another forum member. These aren't easy to determine the date of manufacture (as far as I'm aware), but has a 1938 acceptance mark which would approximate it to that year. It's a really high quality rifle and I enjoyed the heck out of de-cosmoline-ing it. I don't fully understand the rationale of putting a sling swivel at the wrist of the stock, doesn't seem ideal for either a left- or right-handed shooter.

7194127E-9BCC-4C2F-B32F-93818C051707.jpeg

Picked from another forum member. These aren't easy to determine the date of manufacture (as far as I'm aware), but has a 1938 acceptance mark which would approximate it to that year. It's a really high quality rifle and I enjoyed the heck out of de-cosmoline-ing it. I don't fully understand the rationale of putting a sling swivel at the wrist of the stock, doesn't seem ideal for either a left- or right-handed shooter.
A wrist swivel makes sense when you want to keep the rifle tight to a man's back while on a horse.

View attachment 733507

View attachment 733507
You wrap the sling to act as a brace, putting more material behind the hand aids this. At least that's my rationale.

They just keep on multiplying!!!!

My new-to-me 1941 Lithgow No1. A cadet rifle that went through FTR in 56.

The second picture is my little SMLE herd. A 41 Lithgow No1MkIII, a 43 Longbranch No4Mk1*, a 43 Longbranch No1Mk1*--> No4Mk3, and a 53 Ishapore No1Mk3*. Maybe, maybe I would add an early war British made No1 to this, but I think I'm done for now.

Lightgow.JPG

Enfields.JPG

Very nice!

I'd love to add a British made WW2 period No.4 to my collection, just a case of finding one turn up at a sensible price :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top