JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, shame on me, i couldn't remember what i had, it's been a busy two years with my newborn. I previously had a savage, but sold that on for a cheaper version.

Anyway, what i have is a 1954, Irish contract version, matching numbers (hadn't realised that :oops: )

So to continue the thread, here is my Axis set...

1941 or 1942 Kokura Series 21, Arisaka Type 99

Yugo capture K98k, with some of the original German markings still present, but mostly it's a Mixmaster.

A 1929 Beretta Carcano 91/28.

Axis_2.JPG

I want to pick up a Garand, but I refuse to be put through the 1639 BS.

A bolt gun would be cool, if I could find a 1917 Remington Enfield that is not overpriced I would not mind buying it.

My Great Grandfather (Mom's side) was in WW1, so I imagine it would bring a bit of a nostalgic feel with it.
My Father's side is Canadian, so I'm going to guess they used the same thing in WW1 as the British but the type escapes me at the moment.

Just got done with this project to add to the collection! 1918 built Rock Island 1903 that was sporterized from a estate. Rebarreled with nos 1942 as they ground the lugs off the sight sleeve #@$÷! Cut chamber restocked added all necessary parts ( all parts from same estate). Still need to fit stock to buttplate but were close to done. Not perfect but damn sight better then it was!
20191227_082957.jpg 20191227_083103.jpg

Later in the Great War, Canadian troops did use the Lee-Enfield. But the Ross Rifle is what they started out with. Herbert McBride wrote about it fairly extensively in A Rifleman Went to War.

That I know, since my Canadian family served in both world wars. However, the only time the British used the Ross was the odd occasion of using its superior accuracy as a sharpshooting rifle as a loaner.

Found this recently to replace the Mosin I used to have... it's post war Polish, but what the heck!

It appears to have been barely fired, but since it has, ammo is on the way!

6F78958C-7F51-47B7-9417-7D08583C5DA1.jpeg

According to the Soviet regulations for shooting, the carbine withe folding bayonet is intended to be used with the bayonet in the deployed position...

I have read that...due to barrel harmonics. Was wondering what it would shoot like with the bayonet removed?

Makes me want to do some testing...folded, deployed and removed. Good Lord knows when I'll get around to that!

I have read that...due to barrel harmonics. Was wondering what it would shoot like with the bayonet removed?

Makes me want to do some testing...folded, deployed and removed. Good Lord knows when I'll get around to that!
The Soviet 91/59 is essentially an that (removed). Usually using cutoff WW2 made rifles. Same configuration as the M38. They shoot fine...

Last Edited:
According to the Soviet regulations for shooting, the carbine withe folding bayonet is intended to be used with the bayonet in the deployed position...

My understanding is that this isn't quite correct, but do correct me if I'm mistaken.

I tried looking for original sources (or at least translations thereof) for this, but most results for this question are just other forums... and unfortunately there is quite a bit of forum lore out there that is plain untrue (for example that CZ-52's are "stronger" in construction than TT's).

According to Max Popenker (who is about as authoritative a source on Russian/Soviet small arms as exists), the intention that the rifle be fired with bayonet affixed applies to most patterns of Mosin up until the M38. This suggests by the 1944 pattern (ie M44) this was no longer the case. I'm aware that the M38 doesn't have the option of a bayonet, but the way Popenker's article reads, this ceased to be standard practice for every pattern designed from 1938 onwards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top