JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel like I'm going to have the long branch for a while. It's in pristine shape and a very nice shooter. I have some plans to maybe even hunt with it this fall, just for the entertainment value...

I feel like I'm going to have the long branch for a while. It's in pristine shape and a very nice shooter. I have some plans to maybe even hunt with it this fall, just for the entertainment value...
I've been after something more British to replace my 50's one for a while.

And all of a sudden I have two .303's. One from WWI and one from WWII. And only 20 rounds to my name. Going to have to finish another 03a3 project to sell to fund ammo...

View attachment 572626

Need more ammo...

This problem sounds familiar. Here is my 41 Longbranch and FR41 Ishy No1mkIII* that's on a early variation receiver still with the slot of a mag cutoff.
303s.JPG

Another one just finished, the garbage rod, aka Mosin 91/30. 1931 Hex receiver on a later stock. Stripped of shellac and rubbed with 5 coats of BLO with Red Mahogany stain mixed in.

91_30.JPG

Rounded out the Moist Nugget set. :)

1931 91/30
1943 M38 on correct stock
1944 VKT M39 , that someone before me bubba'd a bit with old school weaver 1.5 scope, but i got it for the right price, so I don't mind.

Mosins.JPG

M38 Turkish Mauser - 1939. First year production and actually made in Germany before tooling was sent to Turkey in 1940. Less than 10K made in 39' and lowest production year. Turkey neutral, yeah right..!

2E8BD2B6-33FF-4EED-926A-1167A2919493.jpeg EFC1129C-1699-4827-A9C3-9ADDF07DCDB7.jpeg 932DBCE1-A586-44A3-A9D2-06EC0317B850.jpeg

Last Edited:
I bought this about 7 years ago in Waldport from a guy who cleaned RV's. He detailed out a RV and the owner pulled this vacuum sealed M1 carbine out & offered it as payment.
1944 Underwood in pristine condition.... No mars, scratches or nic's.

M1.jpg

Sweet ! :s0130: I was on the Connie CV-64....
"Go Ahead Make My Day"
were you attached when they were filming that Pearl Harbor movie? she was used to film the launch of some old b25's to enact doolittles' raid. Lot of fires on board throughout her life. too bad she died in texas. America went a similar route, but rather than scrap she wound up at the bottom of the ocean off the carolinas. wonder if there are any crabs living in my coffin rack?

"Go Ahead Make My Day"
were you attached when they were filming that Pearl Harbor movie? she was used to film the launch of some old b25's to enact doolittles' raid. Lot of fires on board throughout her life. too bad she died in texas. America went a similar route, but rather than scrap she wound up at the bottom of the ocean off the carolinas. wonder if there are any crabs living in my coffin rack?
Came aboard just after the filming. I was in Brownsville when they scrapped her..Least the America is still in use...:D

WW1 rifles.

Austrian M1895 Mannlicher Steyr. Long rifle and short version. The long rifle is dated 1917, the short rifle was rebarreled in Bulgaria circa 1939 so no date but made no later than 1919. Both upgraded to 8x56R cartridge, long rifle has Steyr receiver and short one has Budapest. Owning these is my third go-around. First one I owned 1966-69. Then I owned several around 1999-early 2000's. When I let the last of those go, I said, "Never again."

Then one day several years ago, I stumbled upon over 900 rounds of 1938-39 8x56R ammo on clips, very cheap.

At that time, i didn't have an M95 rifle to shoot the ammo in. So I went to the next gun show and got the short rifle. Not too long later, at another estate deal I found the long rifle for $100. Now I have several lifetimes of shooting with these at the current rate of consumption.

x4hlNOc.jpg

Bayonets. I'd never bothered previously to get a bayonet for M95's but this time around I did.

3AWcreJ.jpg

This bayonet cost a pretty penny off ebay. It's a scabby looking thing but it has a unit marking on it. I like the unit markings that were put on imperial German and Austrian arms. Anyway, this one has markings that trace it to the 8th Pioneer (Engineer) Battalion of the WW1 Austrian common army. Note the edged side of the blade faces up, the fuller faces down. This one has a rifle sight attached to the crossguard, supposedly to regulate the short rifle sights for close-in shooting. The M95 rifles and carbines have notoriously short front sights to accommodate long range shooting. I have replaced the original front sights on both of these so as to medzu-medzu get point of aim/impact coordinated at 100 yards.

It's pretty amazing but these days, the M95 bayonets are worth more than the rifles.

I've got a couple of WW2 rifles, an M1 Rifle and a Czech VZ24 made after the German occupation so either used by them or sent off to Romania in a sale.

When the Germans took over a country, they took the military arms of whatever place. In the case of Austria, they incorporated Austrian divisions into the Wehrmacht and gave them standard German equipment. Therefore, the Austrian M95 rifles were surplus. They arranged a deal and sold many of them to Bulgaria. My two came from that stash.

Re. the case of my Czech CZ24. It was made in April, 1939 originally intended for the Czech Army which no longer existed. However, CZ had an existing contract with the government of Romania for this design. The Germans simply filled out the rest of the Romanian order with surplus Czech rifles. They were very practical and thrifty about it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews