JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
26C171CD-CA84-4968-90AA-9CD5C829EA6B.jpeg C64863F2-400C-418C-9940-7135058BEFA8.jpeg With armistice day coming up I got all my WW I vets together for a pic

View attachment 516581

I bought this one from @STUKA Pitted bore but is surprisingly accurate.. it's a lot of fun to shoot.

Good thing I can zoom in on the pic. A tad top heavy? :s0112: It looks like you mounted a spotting scope to it!

Pardon my lack of knowledge but is that an O3 A3? I'm still an elementary student to fine old rifles. Well, most rifles I guess.

That's a very impressive rear sight you have there!

Good thing I can zoom in on the pic. A tad top heavy? :s0112: It looks like you mounted a spotting scope to it!

Pardon my lack of knowledge but is that an O3 A3? I'm still an elementary student to fine old rifles. Well, most rifles I guess.

Haha.. yeah that's funny. It looks grotesque when you look at it that way. I didn't notice until @tac pointed it out!

Yes, It is an 03A3, built by Remington in December of 1943. The bolt works just like a Mauser (except for the curious mag cutoff feature). I really love the sights on this rifle, very easy to get a good sight picture and a good cheek weld. It's very easy to wield and shoot. This one is definitely staying in my collection for a long, long, time.

Yes, It is an 03A3, built by Remington in December of 1943. The bolt works just like a Mauser (except for the curious mag cutoff feature). I really love the sights on this rifle, very easy to get a good sight picture and a good cheek weld. It's very easy to wield and shoot. This one is definitely staying in my collection for a long, long, time.

"Sigh".....I was/am really wanting an 03A3. The 03A3s are pretty pricey. An all matching 1918 Enfield was laying on the table at the OAC show....:rolleyes: For now that's what I've got.

"Sigh".....I was/am really wanting an 03A3. The 03A3s are pretty pricey. An all matching 1918 Enfield was laying on the table at the OAC show....:rolleyes: For now that's what I've got.
You might just find that perfect Sporter that could be restored back to Mil. Spec and save some real coin in the process! :cool:
And Mr @MountainBear is always a helpful soul when it comes to Springers and parts!:D

I saw a picture of your Enfield Mike. She's a beauty. I fired an Enfield for the first time a few weeks ago and the cock on close bolt-action is really fast and smooth. I really enjoyed it. If money was not an object I would buy 4 Enfields: an SMLE Mk I No. III like yours, a 1917 in 30-06, a Mk 4. No. 1* (Long Branch) and a Mk 4. No 2 from the UK.

Find a O3A3 that has been sporterized by drilling and taping the receiver. Not much
collector value but you could build an O3A4 reproduction sniper rifle. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
C-stock reproduction scope and turn down bolt. I want one.:D
24395816_1.jpg

If MountainBear doesn't have the parts you need, I might. 2nd on the restoration remark too, there are a lot of these around the country that were bought dirt cheap back in the day and can still be found with little or no damage to the important parts.

I think saying happy Armistice Day is probably a tad inappropriate, so instead:

In remembrance of the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day. Three rifles built during the hostilities (albeit rearsenaled) and several that are currently undergoing rearsenal work in my own humble shop. The last has been reworked into a target rifle, but is a Mark I.

To all those who carried these in The War to End All Wars...

D11FC545-6B24-4B2F-9669-F74CDA061A04.jpeg 2F4962B6-FC4B-4F83-8608-5FA9BE585952.jpeg B7372190-EE8B-4914-8C80-5140C7BA79D3.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top