Post pics of your WWI & WWII Rifles

CLT65

Reactions
That’s me.
That's pretty funny. I overheard you telling the seller that you didn't need any clips because you already have other Carcanos. :) If we ever meet again, I'll say hi.

I bought this one right after you, and got a couple clips for it. M91/41 Carcano rifle.

IMG_1706[1].jpg

Last Edited:

raftman

Reactions
That's pretty funny. I overheard you telling the seller that you didn't need any clips because you already have other Carcanos. :) If we even meet again, I'll say hi.

I bought this one right after you, and got a couple clips for it. M91/41 Carcano rifle.

View attachment 1061199
Hah, well what are the odds. I’m actually glad you mentioned you bought that model 41, because I was thinking about coming back for it tomorrow... so I’m glad I didn’t take the trouble only to find it’s no longer there. I’m more partial to carbines anyways but that seller had some decent prices by today’s standards. I think I posted this photo before but here are some of my others Carcanos.

D8C8FA7F-2B39-408D-87A1-DABC4BCDD571.jpeg

CLT65

Reactions
I got the m41 for $300. The bore looked dark to me, but I hadn't brought my glasses and the seller said it was probably just dirty. I got it home and scrubbed the bore, and it's got a lot of pitting, especially towards the muzzle. It doesn't worry me too much, as I've seen pitted bores still shoot OK.

Now I just need to order some dies and find some brass and bullets.

Reactions
I got the m41 for $300. The bore looked dark to me, but I hadn't brought my glasses and the seller said it was probably just dirty. I got it home and scrubbed the bore, and it's got a lot of pitting, especially towards the muzzle. It doesn't worry me too much, as I've seen pitted bores still shoot OK.

Now I just need to order some dies and find some brass and bullets.
Rapid Fire in Sandy has PPU 6.5 Carcano on the shelf

WAW44

Reactions
I got a couple of those guys. One has a globe front sight. Both have nice triggers. PAX
I understand globe may be more correct . The front sight was missing when I got it , and the replacement I have is probably low. Should be a stacked blade, if anything . I’ll need to shoot it and see, and may need to put a globe sight on it .

stickflickin

Reactions
Fondling the carbines today. All correct grade for their SN. USGI and correct Type slings and pouches. Correct matching manufacturer magazines for all. From front to back in first pic.

Type 1's
Inland 12,xxx SN
Winchester 1,089,XXX Bavarian & Austrian marked, Austrian leather sling
Quality Hardware
National Postal Meter
Winchester w/ tiger stripe stock

Type 2's
Quality Hardware
Rock Ola
Saginaw Gear S'G'
Winchester

Type 3's
Winchester
National Postal Meter - rearsenaled example

M1A1 - 1st block, rearsenaled

Last Edited:

stickflickin

Reactions
Generally speaking. I am going off of stock type. Not all will have all type 1 parts with a type 1 stock for example.
Type 1 - I cut oiler, high wood
Type 2 - oval cut oiler, high wood
Type 3 - oval cut oiler, low wood

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top