JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Figured I'd finally post my new K98k. It's my first WWII era firearm. I've been researching K98k's for months now and have been patiently trying to find an all matching, legitimate rifle. The used market is a minefield for fakes, but luckily there are some great resources out there for new collectors like me. This is definitely not going to be my last K98k (already have another lined up).

1937 J.P. Sauer & Sohn S/147, s/n 1848i
All matching down to the screws, non duffle cut, non import marked. The only drawback is some light sanding near the rear plate (luckily didn't remove the cartouches).

View attachment 782287 View attachment 782288 View attachment 782289 View attachment 782291 View attachment 782292 View attachment 782293 View attachment 782295 View attachment 782296 View attachment 782297 View attachment 782300 View attachment 782294 View attachment 782302 View attachment 782303 View attachment 782304 View attachment 782305 View attachment 782306 View attachment 782307

Very nice! Love every little nick/dent in that wood. To me, getting a gun with an original, numbered to the receiver stock, is super special. If somethings going to get destroyed on a gun the stock would be close to the first I'd think. Even if they had replaced it, they took the time to number the new wood to the gun.

I've got an all matching 1902 Swedish Mauser with a matching stock/hand guard.

I have 2 03s... and one of them is a recovered sporter Remington, the second a SC. Hmm, making it a 04 replica would be nice, but I'm assuming the redfield mount requires drilling, right?
Yeah requires two or three holes be drilled and tapped for the mount depends on which style. One came with the redfield mount installed i did the other myself. Would not recommend it pain in the rear drilling the front holes with the heat treat on the receiver! Ever do another ill gladly pay a gunsmith to do it.
There is the no drill option from S&K I believe that gets good reviews. Only requires alittle rework of the wood and looks pretty good when done.

this is my newest Mosin acquisition, found just a couple years ago in a gun shop in Tacoma
1942 Tula manufacturer, right in the middle of the Stalingrad situation
you will note there are no arsonal refurbishing marks on the receiver and it still has it's war time stock without sling escutcheons
all matching serial numbers, except the bayonet
an oddity to me is the new serial numbers
it is assigned a new serial number on the side of the barrel by the importer, but the original numbers are still distinctive
it this something new for ATF?
I've kept in in original condition to remind me what the russians had to fight with at Stalingrad
I only fire it with the bayonet attached

20201125_124106.jpg 20201125_124127.jpg 1942 Tula-2.JPG 1942 Tula 91-30.JPG 20201125_125822.jpg

this is my newest Mosin acquisition, found just a couple years ago in a gun shop in Tacoma
1942 Tula manufacturer, right in the middle of the Stalingrad situation
you will note there are no arsonal refurbishing marks on the receiver and it still has it's war time stock without sling escutcheons
all matching serial numbers, except the bayonet
an oddity to me is the new serial numbers
it is assigned a new serial number on the side of the barrel by the importer, but the original numbers are still distinctive
it this something new for ATF?
I've kept in in original condition to remind me what the russians had to fight with at Stalingrad
I only fire it with the bayonet attached

View attachment 782749 View attachment 782751 View attachment 782752 View attachment 782753 View attachment 782754
Good resources here...
And Gunboards

I found this on 7.62x54r.net:

"PW Arms of Redmond, Washington places the entire import mark on the receiver with a new serial number. "
for some reason PW Arms chooses to assign a new serial number to all their imports

Very nice! Love every little nick/dent in that wood. To me, getting a gun with an original, numbered to the receiver stock, is super special. If somethings going to get destroyed on a gun the stock would be close to the first I'd think. Even if they had replaced it, they took the time to number the new wood to the gun.

I've got an all matching 1902 Swedish Mauser with a matching stock/hand guard.

Thanks! The wood definitely has character. I love the older pre-war K98k's that still used hardwood stocks. Sure the laminate is more durable, but nothing beats a nice hard wood.

I've got a 1908 Swede that's all matching too. I love it. I'm hooked on Mausers now!

PXL_20201108_232939756.jpg

I'm sure I will get some flames for this, but...

Here is the RC K98k I just picked up from a NWFA member, after I cleaned the stock with Denatured Alcohol and applied 3 coats of BLO thinned 50/50 with turpentine. I know, RCs are RCs and many think they should stay they way Ivan made them, but I wanted to bring out the laminate stock look.

K98kRC.JPG
Mauser day..
5F27F307-03FC-4941-83DB-CCCFE1F6E92A.jpeg

Last Edited:
Got to stop buying crap.....

Matching ( except for the magazing floor) CE41 k98k, probable vet bring back, still has a duffel cut under the front band

I actually don't know what do with it now that I have it....

CE41_11.JPG

CE41_1.JPG CE41_4.JPG CE41_8.JPG Duffel_cut.JPG
CE41_7.JPG CE41_9.JPG CE41_5.JPG

Got to stop buying crap.....

Matching ( except for the magazing floor) CE41 k98k, probable vet bring back, still has a duffel cut under the front band

I actually don't know what do with it now that I have it....

View attachment 787011

View attachment 787012View attachment 787013View attachment 787014View attachment 787015
View attachment 787016View attachment 787017View attachment 787018
What everyone can do is not take a dark a finish off a Milsurp. Buy a Mitchell Mauser instead. We are just caretakers if historical pieces. Somebody did a big disservice to this rifle.

At this point I have that RC posted above, a Yugo capture 98k and a Wz.29 that was beat up and i cleaned it up, so I'm good on shooter Mausers. This one will go into the safe until I figure out what I want out of it. Most likely I will trade it for another milsurp that is less represented in my collection, if one comes along.

What everyone can do is not take a dark a finish off a Milsurp. Buy a Mitchell Mauser instead. We are just caretakers if historical pieces. Somebody did a big disservice to this rifle.

Picked up a Remington 1903 4 years ago and really want to pick up some more surplus rifles. Unfortunately prices are steep lately and a 5 and 2 year old keep my priorities elsewhere. Hopefully I'll expand my collection soon.

View attachment 787050 View attachment 787051 View attachment 787052 View attachment 787054
Its a slippery slope! I just need that one turns into well thats pretty cool too. Then all hell breaks loose and your trying to explain to the wife how the guns keep multiplying! Not from experience just heard;)
Nice rifle by the way!

No4MK1T Dad bought this from Golden State Arms sometime in the late 50's. If Dad hadn't "sporterized" it this package would be worth more dollars than it is now, but this one won't be for sale, ever. This rifle is a large part of the reason for my fascination of WWII and WWI before hand.
MK1 T left.jpg MK1 T right.jpg

While we're on the WWII kick, here's the dagger Uncle Ed brought back and gave to Dad. I think it's the best letter opener.
Dagger.jpg

Another Carcano TS... this one I got as a barreled action and took several months to find all the necessary parts to piece into a complete rifle (some of these Carcano parts haven't exactly been plentiful).

EC26EC6C-E183-4969-B8FB-FC10B2463D54.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads