JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An armorer that worked on it told me the barrel was over tightened when it was put on last, probably during refurbishment, and thus the front sight cant which then necessitated the rear sight to be moved. He adjusted the barrel and corrected the issue.

Can I ask (ballpark) how much that work cost?

Here's a few from my collection....

C&R-1.jpg C&R-2.jpg

Was doing a transfer on a 12ga in a pawn shop, and on the wall they had a Long Branch No4 Mk1/3 , so it followed me home too. Here it is (top) with my other Long Branch No4 Mk1*. Both are originally 1943 production. no4s.JPG

this is the pride of my Mosin collection - a 1936 Hex PEM sniper
the rifle is authentic, but the scope and mount is reproduction
fully shimmed, torqued and floated as per original Russian manuals
this is the style rifle carried by Vasily at Stalingrad

P1030699.JPG P1030653.JPG P1030660.JPG _Герой_Советского_Союза_Василий_Зайцев_объясняет_новичкам_предстоящую_задачу._Сталинград._Дека...jpg

Was doing a transfer on a 12ga in a pawn shop, and on the wall they had a Long Branch No4 Mk1/3 , so it followed me home too. Here it is (top) with my other Long Branch No4 Mk1*. Both are originally 1943 production. View attachment 711207
I did that a few weeks ago. I was doing a transfer and turned around and gave all the money from my sale and more for a GEW98 sitting on the rack.

Not a WW2 rifle but me and @Melmelhunter
Have been doing some research on a pistol that her mom has.
It was her mom's dad's gun
A high standard 22 .cal.
From what we have found is it was used for training .
But her grandfather was a pilot in WW2 and was issued this pistol .
And he was shot down and brought it home with him. He flew cargo plane from what we know at this point.
I only have 2 pictures as of now but we just found out her mom still has this gun last week.
Lol.
And she has the original holster too.
Any information about this gun would be awesome. 22695.jpeg 22789.jpeg

Last Edited:
Not a WW2 rifle but me and @Melmelhunter
Have been doing some research on a pistol that her mom has.
It was her mom's dad's gun
A high standard 22 .cal.
From what we have found is it was used for training .
But her grandfather was a pilot in WW2 and was issued this pistol .
And he was shot down and brought it home with him. He flew cargo plane from what we know at this point.
I only have 2 pictures as of now but we just found out her mom still has this gun last week.
Lol.
And she has the original holster too.
Any information about this gun would be awesome.View attachment 717085View attachment 717086
Need a photo of each side of the reciever, should say the year, and U.S Property on it!
Looks to be a Military HD, but unless we can see the markings, it's anybody's guess!
Neato pistols none the less, High Standards really set the bar for accurate .22 pistols, and can still hold their own today! :D

Need a photo of each side of the reciever, should say the year, and U.S Property on it!
Looks to be a Military HD, but unless we can see the markings, it's anybody's guess!
Neato pistols none the less, High Standards really set the bar for accurate .22 pistols, and can still hold their own today! :D
It does say US property.
On it the problem is lol.
Mel's mom is old and getting her to take pictures is a problem.
Lol like I said it's a work in progress situation.
We are trying to figure out more information.
But the gun is in another state .

And we can't figure out if it had the bull barrel or was surppesser built-in.
But it looks like just a bull barrel.from what I can see

I kinda figured you would be the first to reply.
@Ura-Ki .
This is right up your alley .

Ok the video I have of the gun is the exact angle as pic above so no help. But it does say on the left side these markings

USA model HD HI STANDARD New Haven Connecticut
Property of US
and the serial number is a 6 digit number that starts with 140***

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews