JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice rescue!
Did it come with those grips? They look like Hurst grips.
Hi Doc, they are the John Hurst grips, that's what caught my eye as the gun was on the bottom shelf in the back. Totally tuned 1950s K 38, shoot the lights out with it. I've shot the old WC load and a 158gr LSWC load and it prefers the WC load. Mine is 3.3 grs of 231/HP38 WW primer and a 148 WC.

DSCF0865 (2).JPG
Here is the gunbutt view of those Hurst grips on the K38.

I just picked up a really neat little revolver from another member here.

It's an old S&W Regulation Police .32 Long, made in the '30s. It's a slender little revolver, feels almost dainty, but it balances and shoots well. I've always liked the .32 S&W Long. Yes, I know it's underpowered and obsolete, but it's really fun to shoot. :)

Here it is next to a slightly larger S&W of the same vintage.

View attachment 864655
Have a nickle hand eject 3rd version that is basically the same pistol. Running 78gr RN lead with 2.5gr Unique you can shoot all day for just a few bucks. Definately a fun lil plinker but I wouldnt have a problem using it for self defense if need be.

100_2960.JPG

Well here is my new toy, a relic of the sixties, an Imperial Metal Products revolver in .22 short. A pistol that I bought not to use, but as a curio. You may recognize these as basically just a Rohm rg10. These were made from imported Rohm parts, but the pot metal frames were cast in North Carolina. This thing actually has a tight lockup, I think I'll try to shoot it with some cb caps soon.

20210503_222447.jpg 20210503_222352.jpg

My newest addition. Harrington & Richardson, first model-first variation. Chambered in .32 S&W blackpowder, 5 shot. Made between 1899 and 1903.

20210619_164209.jpg 20210621_103024.jpg

Last Edited:
Since down-sizing my holdings over the past few years, I've retained three revolvers:

P7011303.JPG

I bought the Model 28 ("Highway Patrolman") .357, upper left, new in Jan. 1986. It came with standard service "stocks" as Smith & Wesson calls them, hence I went to a Pachmayr grip. The Model 15 ("Combat Masterpiece") in the center, I bought that second hand at Cabela's some years ago, it's like new and I haven't used it much. It sports Altamont aftermarket target grips but I have the original stocks that came on the gun. The Model 10 ("Military and Police") on the right is from about 1969, I bought it in a hole-in-the-wall gun shop back when revolvers were relatively cheap.

I feel embarrassed to post my revolvers. They don't go together all at once like not all from the same mother. Then I have old and new S&Ws this was not my intent. I am a poor father for my bastard revolvers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top