JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh YES Harry was. Just look at the record of production at S&W.

I meant by making them more scarce and driving the price up... not just in AK!

I had a friend who was a cop, at the time, and I ordered a 4" from him with police discount and everything, in order to get priority. 4" only was considered a police duty weapon (.44 Mag Police duty weapon... those were the days!). I really wanted an 8 3/8", but didn't want to pay 1500 bucks (the going price at the time, in my area), so he suggested I turn it back around to Smith and have them re-barrel it (also at the police discount - with priority!). I thought what the hell... and had them re-barrel and fit ALL of the existing barrels for it and ship it with the 8 3/8'" installed! I believe it is the only 29 out there that has all of the barrels! It is pretty cool and he has kicked himself for not doing the same. I paid less than $300 for the whole kit and caboodle, at the time!

Ahhhh... those were the days!

I meant by making them more scarce and driving the price up... not just in AK!

I had a friend who was a cop, at the time, and I ordered a 4" from him with police discount and everything, in order to get priority. 4" only was considered a police duty weapon (.44 Mag Police duty weapon... those were the days!). I really wanted an 8 3/8", but didn't want to pay 1500 bucks (the going price at the time, in my area), so he suggested I turn it back around to Smith and have them re-barrel it (also at the police discount - with priority!). I thought what the hell... and had them re-barrel and fit ALL of the existing barrels for it and ship it with the 8 3/8'" installed! I believe it is the only 29 out there that has all of the barrels! It is pretty cool and he has kicked himself for not doing the same. I paid less than $300 for the whole kit and caboodle, at the time!

Ahhhh... those were the days!

No pics?

Speaking of 29's, Dirty Harry and posting pix of our revolvers - does this one count...??!!

20201212-152721.jpg

20201212-152946.jpg

I found it sitting in a local antiques store, a couple of years ago and could not resist! Speaking of one with all of the accessories! I'll bet there aren't a whole lot of these lying around, especially NIB with all of the extra accessories and goodies. It kinda makes for a cool set!

Just saw this while I was making my response above...

What, Heretic..., you've never seen a 29 before? I gave the whole set to my son on his 21st birthday, almost 20 years ago (along with the whole boxed set of the movies)! I'll see if he can grab a pix of them for me to post.

I know, pix or...

What, Heretic..., you've never seen a 29 before? I gave the whole set to my son on his 21st birthday, almost 20 years ago (along with the whole boxed set of the movies)! I'll see if he can grab a pix of them for me to post.

I know, pix or...

I own a 329 so yeah, I've seen one.

I just have never seen a 29 with all the barrels available for it that are also fitted for that actual revolver, all together.

I used to own a DW revolver (most accurate handgun I ever shot; half inch groups at 25 yards) that could take multiple barrels, but that is common for those revolvers as they were designed and sold that way. I had not heard of someone ordering and owning a model 29 with multiple barrels fitted for it.

Wow, there are so many nice and clean revolvers shown here.
Here is my 624 target 6,3/8 44 Special.
When I bought it it was a safe queen, now I shoot 12 rounds a month thru it, just to keep up on where it groups.
It is smooth with little recoil. DSCF1646.JPG

I own a 329 so yeah, I've seen one.

I just have never seen a 29 with all the barrels available for it that are also fitted for that actual revolver, all together.

I used to own a DW revolver (most accurate handgun I ever shot; half inch groups at 25 yards) that could take multiple barrels, but that is common for those revolvers as they were designed and sold that way. I had not heard of someone ordering and owning a model 29 with multiple barrels fitted for it.

Here ya go @Heretic... my boy just sent me a few images...

Resized-20201217-211337.jpg

imagejpeg-0.jpg

Pachmayr's, shoulder rig, box's, the knife, and more... the whole kit and kaboodle. I'd forgotten I had given him all of this crap! I can't think of anyone more deserving!

Airgunnerll: Your 49 looks like Armaloy or some other "hard chrome" finish that was available in the 70s, 80s and up to today to protect from sweat, water, blood, mud and other materials that would attack the finish and create "pitting" in the steel of the weapon. Common practice for those who carried the weapon next to the skin when I was a young cop. The "Hard chromes" permeated the surface of the steel and really boosted longevity of parts and finish.

Actually planning on EDC this some time after getting the CHL:cool:

Taurus Raging Bull in 500 Magnum. Barrel used to be 4" but had to chop it to just over 2". Custom DX front sight base with fiber optic sight and a custom woodgrip. Cerakoted in Stainless. All DIY. Its quite a beast to shoot.

20210126_121305.jpg 20210126_121205.jpg 20210126_121414.jpg

Depends on the loads. But it can be pretty substential, you're burning 40grains of powder in a hot load (which i will probably never shoot through this EVER again :D:D:D)

Actually planning on EDC this some time after getting the CHL:cool:

Taurus Raging Bull in 500 Magnum. Barrel used to be 4" but had to chop it to just over 2". Custom DX front sight base with fiber optic sight and a custom woodgrip. Cerakoted in Stainless. All DIY. Its quite a beast to shoot.

View attachment 814547 View attachment 814548 View attachment 814549

Good to have when one of Africa's Big 5 decides to charge into your living room.

I hate it when that happens!

Was looking for some stocks to fit to an Astra 44. Bought some Smith N-frame Herrett's Shooting Stars, but they ended up looking very nice on a Model 28 "Highway Patrolperson" - OK, I made that last part up. So, found a pair of "unknown revolver grips" on eBay and watched them. Seller made an offer and I accepted it. Dang it! No way to make them fit the Astra. Hey, wait a minute...that backstrap curve looks familiar. Had to try them...
IMG_3087.jpg
Well, I'm still looking for some cheap walnut to fit to the Astra. The good news is that the running total for both Python and stocks is $15. Never gonna win the lotto. Again.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top