JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vr2zGF.jpg
Vr2pyD.jpg

Got some new grips and a flap holster for the S&W 1917/1937 in 45acp. I know they aren't period correct but they are a lot more comfortable and still have the diamond checker class.
I love the grips! Altamont? I've been toying with the idea of getting some for my 1917/1937. Now that I can see what it would look like, I think I might order a pair.

The right grip needed a bit of magna disc filing to fit correctly. I used a Dremel to dish out a recess for the side plate screw.

I told Velzey I dremelled down the side plate screw flush so the grip would fit. He's almost recovered from his seizure.

Unfired Smith and Wesson 29-2 44 mag with 8 3/8" barrel. Not only did it come with the wood box with unused cleaning tool, it also came with the original cardboard shipping box.

20201202_112937.jpg

Unfired Smith and Wesson 29-2 44 mag with 8 3/8" barrel. Not only did it come with the wood box with unused cleaning tool, it also came with the original cardboard shipping box.

View attachment 788997

This is pretty wonderful.

Back in the day, during the construction of the Alaska Pipeline, there were thousands of transient tradesmen and support personnel converge on Alaska, and the status symbol to say you made it, was owning a Model 29. They were in very short supply, and folks would pay extreme premiums just to get one.

And they were gorgeous. (The revolvers, not the workers)

Back in the day, during the construction of the Alaska Pipeline, there were thousands of transient tradesmen and support personnel converge on Alaska, and the status symbol to say you made it, was owning a Model 29. They were in very short supply, and folks would pay extreme premiums just to get one.

Not only were they in short supply, but Smith and Wesson were

As a Dealer I was required to order a second Smith from a short list. IIRC the Model-10, Round Butt, 2" was one of those. I built up quite a Collection of Smith's. I still have many of them and they are for sale!!!

A fellow by the name of Dirty Harry, wasn't helping the situation, either!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top