JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't think I've seen another posted (haven't quite gotten thru all the pages)...

S&W Model 53 marked as a .22 Magnum in .22 Jet with the optional .22LR cylinder and inserts. I love the Jet round (better have your ears on!).

20161013_130023_zpsyfpf1qc5.jpg 20161016_145003_zpsnewfjn2q.jpg

Then a favorite Model.17-2, .22. This one with the smooth S&W Presentation grips in Bird's Eye Maple and some other unidentified wood. I also collect grips and am drooling over many on here... nice stuff, gents!

SWModel17_1-1.jpg SWModel17_4.jpg SWModel17_3.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm also a book collector.

686 Pro Series +. It came with some Goncalvo Alves stocks (Hogue I think) that I wasn't real enthused about. I was going to order Bocote
from Ahrens when I learned he was out of business. So still looking for some reasonably priced Bocote grips that won't break the bank.

IMG_20200115_202727.jpg

Just found another 2.5" 19-4 yesterday at a pawn shop. Didn't need another, but the price was right.
Grips are ACE combats, a company owned by S&W in the 90s.
D7D4426C-D102-4222-9204-CC99D68D7C28.jpeg

Last Edited:
Of the half-dozen or so wheel guns I have, this filigreed S&W 586-5 in .357 Mag is my most special revolver.
It belonged to a DEA Special Agent, the leader of his team, and it was a retirement gift to him from his team on his last day with the agency.
The agent no longer walks this Earth, and his pistol was passed to me with the stipulation that it never be "released into the wild."
There was never any doubt that I wouldn't keep it forever. And yes, it's a safe queen, and for very good reason...
I wrote about it before in When is it "too nice" to carry?

Rest in peace, TC...

SW 586_357 Mag.jpg

Last Edited:
Just a couple of old beaters.

I know these aren't fancy or pretty, but I'm sure happy with my latest acquisition: a pair of 1970's S&W Model 10-5 Spanish police surplus revolvers. Externally not pretty, but mechanically perfect. I've probably put 500 rounds through the pair in the last few months. $460 for the pair, figured I couldn't go too far wrong.

IMG_9329[1].jpg

Here's my favorite, the second revolver I ever owned, a S&W 29-2 from the mid '70s. I've shot a lot of rounds through it over the decades. It's still in pretty nice condition. I wish I could take a better photo that would really show the deep, rich, blue, and the grips. It normally resides in the back of the safe in it's original felt-lined presentation box.

IMG_9332[1].jpg

a S&W 29-2 from the mid '70s. It normally resides in the back of the safe in it's original felt-lined presentation box.

CLT65 - not really a good idea to store that beauty in its presentation case. The blue flocking tends to break down over time getting blue dust into everything. Surprised yours hasn't already exhibited signs of deterioration. Jcelect on the S&W forum has a great business restoring those cases.

Here's my twin to your Model 29-2
29-2-GA-Smooth.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

05721609-E60F-4DB2-873C-D7D5A5B69C26.jpeg
Ordered the new Python 20 days after Colt did the initial dump on 1/1/20. Bought ammo while I waited.
Picked it up on 7/21/20.
I've wanted one from the first time I handled one in the late 70's.
Haven't had it out yet but, the serial # is 11.5K so I'm assuming that the first batch issues are worked out,
Another item off the bucket list.
It's pretty sexy!

Started messing with thd gen 4 Glock 35. Sent the slide off to Jagerwerks to be milled for the RM06, have the the slide bobbed and refinished.
They do nice work!
I gutted it and replaced everything with trigger parts, extended mag release, and threaded barrel from Lonewolf.
Did paperwork for an Osprey 45 suppressor.
ATF says it's looking like late November eary December. Play the game...be the winner!

92151389-2611-4C07-9F82-B3DD4270F880.jpeg

Here's my favorite, the second revolver I ever owned, a S&W 29-2 from the mid '70s. I've shot a lot of rounds through it over the decades. It's still in pretty nice condition. I wish I could take a better photo that would really show the deep, rich, blue, and the grips. It normally resides in the back of the safe in it's original felt-lined presentation box.

View attachment 717111
Super sweet
Started messing with thd gen 4 Glock 35. Sent the slide off to Jagerwerks to be milled for the RM06, have the the slide bobbed and refinished.
They do nice work!
I gutted it and replaced everything with trigger parts, extended mag release, and threaded barrel from Lonewolf.
Did paperwork for an Osprey 45 suppressor.
ATF says it's looking like late November eary December. Play the game...be the winner!

View attachment 729320
Look at me being gone for so long and immediately posting a semi in the revolver thread. I'll work on it. Sorry everyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top