JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am looking for a carry pistole I prefere revolvers I see a lot of the kimber K6s revolvers on here I was wondering how you like them and are they worth the added cost thanks

Is there an extra cost to the Kimber? A comparable S&W 6 round, lists for about the same price. That being said, it comes down to the deal or markup the LGS you buy from sell them for. I imagine if the Kimber is in demand, they are not going to be dealing as much. The Ruger LCR 357 is a bargain, it's also much snappier being a poly/steel combo; lighter too by 9 ounces (only 17.1).

IMHO I think the following is true:

Besides the fact that the Kimber is a pretty UGLY looking Gun, while the Ruger isn't much better and the internals are not as easy to work on and the light weight is going to be pretty hard on your wrist and arm, will I'd have to go with the Smith and Wesson.

That being said, I will admit that I carried a Model 19-3, with the 2-1/2" Barrel as a Bug and an EDC Gun for many, many years and was able to work on the internals myself and managed to get an Extremely light DA Trigger Pull and still have a 100% reliable Firearm, well that's just another reason to go with the Smith and Wesson.

While I have not checked, I believe the Smith and Wesson is priced comepetively. For ALL the reasons stated above, but not limited to those only, I do believe the Smith and Wesson is the best Bargain for the Dollars!:):):)

Nothing fancy, just a pinned and recessed Smith 57 in an El Paso Saddlery flap holster.

I've also got the original grips, presentation case and papers.

IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0108.JPG

Nothing fancy, just a pinned and recessed Smith 57 in an El Paso Saddlery flap holster.
I've also got the original grips, presentation case and papers.
View attachment 559132 View attachment 559133
Nothing Fancy He :) says!!! That's got to be one of the Finest Examples of Smith and Wesson Art ever Produced! It and it's Plainer Jane Model 58 are both Excellent Firearms for Law Enforcement use.

Many Years back I sold a Nickel Model 58 to a Snohomish County Sheriff's Deputy at a VERY GOOD PRICE. He turned around and sold it to a Good Friend of mine at Basically MSRP. They were Very Hard to get at the time or I would have gotten one for my Friend. Bob and I we're out at the Range and I was wearing a Front Break Competition Holster. I stepped up to the 7 yard line and drew the Model 58 and fired one round. Well the X in the Center of the B-27 Target was completely gone! That's the one and only round of .41 Magnum Ammunition I have ever fired. I think it was good enough.

Good Luck with your Sale!!! :):):)

Nothing Fancy He :) says!!! That's got to be one of the Finest Examples of Smith and Wesson Art ever Produced! It and it's Plainer Jane Model 58 are both Excellent Firearms for Law Enforcement use.

Many Years back I sold a Nickel Model 58 to a Snohomish County Sheriff's Deputy at a VERY GOOD PRICE. He turned around and sold it to a Good Friend of mine at Basically MSRP. They were Very Hard to get at the time or I would have gotten one for my Friend. Bob and I we're out at the Range and I was wearing a Front Break Competition Holster. I stepped up to the 7 yard line and drew the Model 58 and fired one round. Well the X in the Center of the B-27 Target was completely gone! That's the one and only round of .41 Magnum Ammunition I have ever fired. I think it was good enough.

Good Luck with your Sale!!! :):):)
Glad you like it, but I'm not selling it LOL

I do carry it from time to time on the theory if I'm going to carry a BFR, it might as well have some class.

I'd like to get a 58 some day too.

That was an early Duty Gun for me back in the '70s but then I up grades to a pre29 using the same From Break Holster using a 2-1/2" Model 19 as a Bug.:):):)

That was an early Duty Gun for me back in the '70s but then I up grades to a pre29 using the same From Break Holster using a 2-1/2" Model 19 as a Bug.:):):)
Yeah I forgot those clam shell rigs.
I carried a 4" Colt Trooper in an open bottom thumb break, I still have a thumb break that fits my S&W it is a heavy ballistic in camo colors but I don't have a separate belt for it. I just have to use my pants belt, that's OK no more than I carry it!
Gabby

Ha. I guess that means me.
Pair of early 60s snubs. Model 12 and 36. Model 27-2 .357 mag 5" bbl from early 70s the blue gun from heaven. 1952 no model flat latch Chiefs Special. 5 digit serial # as I recall. Before those Smiths, a lovely Ruger NM Vaquero Birdshead 3.75" stainless in .357 magnum perched in a sweet 70s Triple K studded and concho crossdraw. Small wide photo is my Ruger NM Blackhawk .357 mag 6.5" color cased with a hammer pull like butter.

Last Edited:
Ha. I guess that means me.
Pair of early 60s snubs. Model 12 and 36. Model 27-2 .357 mag 5" bbl from early 70s the blue gun from heaven. 1952 no model flat latch Chiefs Special. 5 digit serial # as I recall. Before those Smiths, a lovely Ruger NM Vaquero Birdshead 3.75" stainless in .357 magnum perched in a sweet 70s Triple K studded and concho crossdraw. Small wide photo is my Ruger NM Blackhawk .357 mag 6.5" color cased with a hammer pull like butter.
That was only indirectly aimed at you but Thanks away. It would be better if the "Captions" were with the correct image simply because many folks will still be confused because of lack of knowledge. But Thanks Anyway, KKG:):):)

20151220_091950.jpg
.38 Smith Airweight 642 stainless barrel next to my girlfriend's blacked out 14 oz. Bodyguard with built in crimson trace laser. Both very neat carries. That unfluted cylinder Bodyguard is a brilliant design.
20130901_080943.jpg
Pair of rare 5" M27 .357s resting on my bible.
Screenshot_20171216-081739.png 1965 M27-2 .357 with 8.3/8" bbl with no notch grip stocks. Parked next to a late 70s M29 6" .44 magnum on cannon appreciation day at the range.
20180321_205326.jpg
Unholstered shot of the 39 oz. Vaquero Birdshead 3.75" .357 Talo Edition. A derringer on steroids.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads