JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And my bucket list S&W 686 from my good friend Mike, last buy Pre-114 (besides some 5.56 shell holders!)

IMG_20221111_101219019.jpg

And my bucket list S&W 686 from my good friend Mike, last buy Pre-114 (besides some 5.56 shell holders!)

View attachment 1324101
Is that a dash # gun? I've got a no-dash that looks just like it. Got it from a guy that got it from a woman who's husband owned it and passed away. We drove to Grants Pass for it. It looked like he only drove it to church one Sunday a month! Very faint turn line and little staining on the cylinder face. My grips are a bit lighter and date is within serial # date range. Those gun are quite the hand full, and absorb full power .357 Mag wonderfully!

View attachment 1324101
That's a nice one!

I have a nickel 586 that looks just like it. I think I paid $250 in the late '90s.

I love those S&W revolvers, don't know which is my favorite. My first revolver was a Dan Wesson in the late '80s, and my second was a S&W 29-2 I bought in the early '90s - smooth rosewood grips, deep, rich bluing, mahogany presentation box. I still have it; I guess I'd have to say it's still my favorite.

That's a nice one!

I have a nickel 586 that looks just like it. I think I paid $250 in the late '90s.

I love those S&W revolvers, don't know which is my favorite. My first revolver was a Dan Wesson in the late '80s, and my second was a S&W 29-2 I bought in the early '90s - smooth rosewood grips, deep, rich bluing, mahogany presentation box. I still have it; I guess I'd have to say it's still my favorite.
This is a "Show Pictures" thread. Where's the pictures of your model 29?

I'm curious, does your serial number start with an S or an N?

I got a bug in my bonnet for a smaller companion to the trio of big .44s, so went with a new 3", blued, Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Special. (For the record, I never worked for the postal system, nor received communications from a satanic dog. Well, reasonably certain about the latter point. :p)

What took you so long‽.jpg

I bought this one last Monday (1/9) from up in your part of the country (Idaho), so do not yet have it in hand...

625-7-PP-A.jpg
625-7-PP.jpg

A S&W Model 625-7 a .45 Colt with a Power Port. 308 of them made for Lew Horton in 1999. I believe the stocks are custom Tedd Adamovich's BluMagnums in maple. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews