JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW
If my eyes are not deceiving me it wouldn't be its first reblue.
Very good chance it'll be a nice shooter.
Tell me what you see to lead you to that? All I really know to look for is the crisp stampings. To me the the bluing look likes I'd think it would on a 70 +/- YO gun.

Tell me what you see to lead you to that? All I really know to look for is the crisp stampings. To me the the bluing look likes I'd think it would on a 70 +/- YO gun.
Best that they can tell me is that original owner passed away and one of the kids brought it in and sold it to the shop. He wore it everyday that they could remember. I don't think that it's been reblued either. Firing pin is still in great shape! I think it's worth the $400

0D4CEAC6-E8D4-4E14-85D3-EB4D6B8EBF06.jpeg B75FE0DF-901F-4130-B005-72CB451DA293.jpeg F5E29ABE-21C2-40DC-A925-F9F546930285.jpeg

Best that they can tell me is that original owner passed away and one of the kids brought it in and sold it to the shop. He wore it everyday that they could remember. I don't think that it's been reblued either. Firing pin is still in great shape! I think it's worth the $400

View attachment 1265977View attachment 1265978View attachment 1265979
These days indeed! As long as it's good and tight. Will you be able to check the cylinder/barrel gap and cylinder free play/lock-up?

These days indeed! As long as it's good and tight. Will you be able to check the cylinder/barrel gap and cylinder free play/lock-up?
Yep it locks up great! Pretty impressive for a 70 year old revolver but hey that's how they made them. I'm getting it. Then little oil and maybe leather strop for the surface rust. Then reblue it and start shooting this old girl.

My birdshead Wrangler which I am modifying. I took off the zinc grip frame and put on a aluminum grip frame I modified by removing the flair front and back, and then I narrowed the grip. I put a Bisley trigger in it, and ordered a Single Six hammer which will be here this weekend. It feels much better now.

IMG_8300.JPG IMG_E8296.JPG IMG_4659.JPG IMG_4666.JPG IMG_4667.JPG

I have 3 Revolvers to remind me of times past when I carried the SP101 as my daily handgun. Now I have the smaller and much lighter Sig 365 but I take two of the Revolvers to the range with me and shoot them. Two hand made Colt Pythons, 70's Vintage, have the original boxes with the manufacture dates and a hammerless Ruger SP101.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top