JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Considering my closest Back Up was most of an Hour away I felt much more comfortable carrying a pre Model 29, .44 Magnum, with the 6.5" Barrel. I used a Front Break Holster and had no problems drawing even if seated in my Patrol Car; a '70s vintage Full Sized Ford Crown Victoria. I also carried another S&W, a .357 Magnum, a Model 19-3, 2.5" in a Bianchi Agent 9R. This was also my Off Duty Carry Gun.:):):)

I started out using a front break with a 4" 686 back in those days as well. I did switch from the front break as I managed to disarm myself getting out of the car one night. It was one of those holsters where the thumb strap stuck out the top a short distance. Upon exiting the car I hit the thumb strap directly on the bottom of the steering wheel unsnapping it. As I continued out the door unknowing the thumb strap had just been released the steering wheel came back to be directly on top of the grip, pushing down on it. Yup, dang car disarmed me faster than sliding down a banister with cow slobber all over it. I went to a higher retention holster after that.

Ah, the good old days. When you had to be more concerned over being eaten by the remaining dinosaurs than assaulted by the homo sapiens.

Les

I started out using a front break with a 4" 686 back in those days as well. I did switch from the front break as I managed to disarm myself getting out of the car one night. It was one of those holsters where the thumb strap stuck out the top a short distance. Upon exiting the car I hit the thumb strap directly on the bottom of the steering wheel unsnapping it. As I continued out the door unknowing the thumb strap had just been released the steering wheel came back to be directly on top of the grip, pushing down on it. Yup, dang car disarmed me faster than sliding down a banister with cow slobber all over it. I went to a higher retention holster after that.

Ah, the good old days. When you had to be more concerned over being eaten by the remaining dinosaurs than assaulted by the homo sapiens.

Les
My 1st one had that issue. Fortunately, I got a heads up from another Deputy and was VERY careful. I saved my Dollars and my Bride added a few. Then a Hoyt Front Break Holster came my way. Eight+ years later - a Broken Back, finally found me again and the rest is History - I was still very much of a believer in the Hoyt Front Break Holster but Not the cheaper copies. That's MY story and I'm sticking to it!!!

1E4109EE-85D3-4C79-A6A9-0525DAAA9CE1.jpeg

S/N has it as a 1981

This was a pawn shop find about 7 years ago, going to one of the grandkids 30 or so years from now.

I've really gotta get this thing cleaned up properly and go shoot it, really laxed this year, kids take more of of me than i'd guessed :(

But yes, it's a fine looking 'repro' there @CountryGent :D

IMG_20190209_184613.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top