JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
4EC7DEB5-6456-48FD-B628-C4575DF634BB.jpeg Top: smith and Wesson 627PC 5"that I polished and gave a better trigger job to.
Middle: Kimberly K6S.. perfect pocket gun imho
Bottom: Smith and Wesson 642 pro. Gave that one a trigger job as well.

Taurus 692, .357Mag, 3" ported barrel, 7 rounds & a second cylinder in 9mm with moonclips that changes with the push of a button. I think it makes a pretty versatile sidearm.
Ammo is Buffalo Bore 180gr. Hard Cast. Laughingly referred to as a "Sportsmans" round, nothing sporting about it in the least.
Blade is a Benchmade Nimravus.

Oh yeah, I changed out the "gripper" grips for Hogues. Much better.

20190529_165249.jpg

Retook the photo after subtracting the single 6 and adding the chief's special.
Left side S&W Model 14-3 both of them.
Center S&W Chiefs Special with box and papers
Top Right S&W 17-6 Full Lug with box and paper.
Bottom Right Heritage. 22
20190530_172110.jpg

For a Carry gun I think the Fixed Sighted Model 19, 3" Barrel is the Best of the Best but there aren't many of them out there. For a Duty or open carry gun I'll have to vote for a 5" in any Caliber.:)

I've carried Duty guns for a number of years and never saw anyone who carried anything but 4" wheel guns, in and out of patrol cars with anything longer is a real PITA, and most departments back then dictated what you could carry. I carried a Colt Trooper 357, and a S&W Model 19, best darn gun I own! Trooper was a good gun but I much preferred the S&W. Lighter and handier.
Gabby

I've carried Duty guns for a number of years and never saw anyone who carried anything but 4" wheel guns, in and out of patrol cars with anything longer is a real PITA, and most departments back then dictated what you could carry. I carried a Colt Trooper 357, and a S&W Model 19, best darn gun I own! Trooper was a good gun but I much preferred the S&W. Lighter and handier.
Gabby
Considering my closest Back Up was most of an Hour away I felt much more comfortable carrying a pre Model 29, .44 Magnum, with the 6.5" Barrel. I used a Front Break Holster and had no problems drawing even if seated in my Patrol Car; a '70s vintage Full Sized Ford Crown Victoria. I also carried another S&W, a .357 Magnum, a Model 19-3, 2.5" in a Bianchi Agent 9R. This was also my Off Duty Carry Gun.:):):)

Considering my closest Back Up was most of an Hour away I felt much more comfortable carrying a pre Model 29, .44 Magnum, with the 6.5" Barrel. I used a Front Break Holster and had no problems drawing even if seated in my Patrol Car; a '70s vintage Full Sized Ford Crown Victoria. I also carried another S&W, a .357 Magnum, a Model 19-3, 2.5" in a Bianchi Agent 9R. This was also my Off Duty Carry Gun.:):):)

Different venues different rules, we had no options at that time but to carry what the Chief said.
Did I mention he was anti gun, and only carried one 1 time that I knew of while he was chief.
We had an escapee from one of the state prisons holed up on a horse farm, involved in a shoot out
with every department in the area including fish and game to state highway patrol. One of the HP officers
played hero, and was killed by him, and he was killed by the rookie HP man who was just then being shown the ropes
by the dead patrolman.
The Chief ran into the firearms locker where we kept confiscated or evidence firearms and grabbed one and hauled azz
to the crime scene, getting there after all the action was over with.
We drove full sized Plymouths and Chevys, the Hemi Plymouths could get up and roll!
The chevys were just mostly used when the others were being serviced since they wer quite a bit older but still had a few miles left in them.
Gabby

Last Edited:
I'm from the days when we bought our own but according to Dept. Policy "It" had to be a S&W, Colt and later Ruger, 4-6.5" Barrel and .38 Special, .357 Magnum or .44 Special/Magnum. .41 Magnum was OKAY but you had to Qualify with Full Power Loads since all had to be Factory and no Factory loaded .41 Magnum to Target Levels. It wasn't until I was leaving that things changed. My Dept. ordered S&W Model 19s. 6" for the Road and 2-1/2" for Ladies (Matrons) and Detectives.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top