JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sometimes it is rather delightful to reacquaint oneself with the classics.

WackyWebley.jpg

Sweet looking gun, but I'd be stuffing it with .44 Special rounds. I'm not that old and frail, but when it comes to that .44 Magnum Airlite - I am. Or maybe I've just read too many of @The Heretic 's posts on that particular gun. :D
I certainly wouldn't shoot it with the pictured grips (appear to be wood, or otherwise "hard" material). I would get the Hogue X-frame grips with the softer backstrap.

Sweet looking gun, but I'd be stuffing it with .44 Special rounds. I'm not that old and frail, but when it comes to that .44 Magnum Airlite - I am. Or maybe I've just read too many of @The Heretic 's posts on that particular gun. :D
The previous owner said that it was plenty energetic with 44 specials in it, and beyond "uncomfortable" with Magnums. I, too, have read some of The Heretic's comments on the recoil of the gun.
I certainly wouldn't shoot it with the pictured grips (appear to be wood, or otherwise "hard" material). I would get the Hogue X-frame grips with the softer backstrap.
When I picked up this gun I was stunned by how light weight it is. Absolutely no disrespect intended, but No bubblegum, Sherlock. This one is going to bite.
I swear my stainless steel 3" J-Frame weighs more than this N-Frame.
The gun also comes with a set of Hogue grips. I will shoot them both before making any purchases, but I'm happy to see that it is a round butt grip.

When I picked up this gun I was stunned by how light weight it is. Absolutely no disrespect intended, but No bubblegum, Sherlock. This one is going to bite.
I swear my stainless steel 3" J-Frame weighs more than this N-Frame.
The gun also comes with a set of Hogue grips. I will shoot them both before making any purchases, but I'm happy to see that it is a round butt grip.
Mine came with the Hogue grips and a set of smooth wood grips, but I never shot it with the wood grips, only the rubber Hogue grips. I later swapped those for the Hogue X-Frame "Tamer" grips which have a thicker softer backstrap. They are a bit better. Eventually I will have the gun MagnaPorted

I also tried the Pachmayr grips but those are worse.

Mine came with the Hogue grips and a set of smooth wood grips, but I never shot it with the wood grips, only the rubber Hogue grips. I later swapped those for the Hogue X-Frame "Tamer" grips which have a thicker softer backstrap. They are a bit better. Eventually I will have the gun MagnaPorted

Too bad they aren't made for a square butt frame, I've been looking for a set for my 29.

I am, or will be, at least owner number 3. The owner before me said it didn't come to him with the wood grips and he bought the ones on the gun now. It also has a set of Hogue "Batwings" that I believe cover the backstrap. This gun may be a rare instance where I want to cover the backstrap with something cushy.
This is a gun that I'm sure would benefit from Magnaporting.

The grip looks like it's comfortable. The gun looks like a bulldog with a big underbite to me. I think Charter Arms should sue for making a gun look like their trade name!
Yes. I choked as I paid $200 for those grips from Form Grips. This said, it makes the gun 1000% better to shoot, so I'm glad I bought them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top