JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I figured I'd get this thread started, but only if you promise not to laugh at me :s0114:

cr-764sb.jpg

cr-764sb.jpg

Airguns can be used in your garage or basement and besides being pure fun they WILL improve your firearm groups if you practice with them. The ones shown here are standard .177 caliber and do not require extra pumps or SCUBA tanks, CO2 cartridges, and other spendy paraphernalia to charge them--just a tin of pellets and a target.

Daisy 717 single-stroke pneumatic with modified trigger and match grip. Currently sold under the Avanti label.

717.jpg

Weihrauch HW40 [aka the Beeman P3] single-stroke pneumatic [top] and a Weihrauch HW70 spring-piston. The HW40 is similar to the superb FAS604 design and is one of the best values in an entry-level air pistol. It has a two-stage trigger, is inexpensive to buy and shoot, has good balance and low weight, and it will punch the 10-ring. Buy one!

3hw70.jpg

The FAS604 [top] is a quality-built single-stroke pneumatic air pistol that closely resembles a 22lr auto in size, weight, and balance. This is the one I recommend as a home trainer to those who pursue offhand Bullseye. It's priced well below the cost of the pre-charged match air pistols. Airguns of Arizona has imported it for a few years <broken link removed> and it is now also sold and supported by Larry Carter <broken link removed> , <broken link removed> . To give you an idea of scale, the 604 is shown with the 22lr FAS602 standard pistol.

FYI: Here's a nicely illustrated seal rebuild article for the FAS 604...
<broken link removed>

as602604ssm.jpg

What's the price point for a good entry-level non-C02 pistol or rifle? Something better than what they sell at Fred Meyer but not $800.

My son just bought one of the ak47 rifles online for a about $200.00. I was really suprised at the quality of it. All metal reciever and barrel, real wood furniture, underfolding stock, ect, ect. Built as well as the real thing. Feels like it weighs a little more also. It would be hard to tell from the real thing. 450fps to boot!

That link is probably going to cost me some money. ;)

I think my second favorite of the guns I've owned was an airgun. An old Benjamin .22. I'd shoot it it for hours. Rattled like crazy because it was so muzzle-heavy i put fishing weights under the grips. Crazy accurate, though. Got a lot of Spruce Hens with it. Haven't seen it it twenty years or so.

And there, on your link, is a Benjamin 22. Thanks.

What's the price point for a good entry-level non-C02 pistol or rifle? Something better than what they sell at Fred Meyer but not $800.

I got my Beeman online when it was on sale for $25. The best single pump air pistol I've owned yet.

There are also plenty of great break barrel single pump rifles even come with a decent scope for under $200.

Just picked up a used Air Force Talon SS. I've been picking off blackberry's in my backyard at about 50 feet consistently! It's pretty quiet, it's in need of new seals. Getting better groups then my 10/22 gets!!! I'm looking for a refill adapter for my SCUBA tank, hand pumping to 3000 psi got old quick!

Don't be ashamed Joey Link, I too have a 760 pumpmaster. It's all rusted from when I was a kid but shoots great still, it's about 15 years old. I'll pull it out and take a pic sometime. I was amazed the last time I pulled it out, still had silicone on the seals and pumped just like the day I got it! You got a keeper there.

111007_001.jpg

Just picked up a used Air Force Talon SS. I've been picking off blackberry's in my backyard at about 50 feet consistently! It's pretty quiet, it's in need of new seals. Getting better groups then my 10/22 gets!!! I'm looking for a refill adapter for my SCUBA tank, hand pumping to 3000 psi got old quick!

Don't be ashamed Joey Link, I too have a 760 pumpmaster. It's all rusted from when I was a kid but shoots great still, it's about 15 years old. I'll pull it out and take a pic sometime. I was amazed the last time I pulled it out, still had silicone on the seals and pumped just like the day I got it! You got a keeper there.

Very nice. I like the PCPs.

A lot of great older airguns as well.

I started w/ a Red Rider then a Crosman 760 then a FWB-124 then a .25 cal Beeman Kodiak and now a RWS 5G pistol, a Crosman Marauder .22 and the .22 Marauder pistol. Love the airguns

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top