JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What about the valor???? :s0109:
Don't know about anybody else, but I have a high regard for Dan Wesson 1911's.
The two I've owned were both very nicely finished, accurate and reliable.
I fell in love with the Bobtail the first time I grabbed it. I traded into a 45 first and then bought a 10mm because it seemed like it was the right thing to do. After a little while I sold the 10mm, because it seemed like the right thing to do. I've owned 9 different 1911's by 5 different manufactures, and the Dan Wesson is the one I kept. I've had the thing so long the night sights aren't really night sights anymore. I carry one of two handguns. This is one of them.
My wife kept the Ruger. Everybody that's shot it has shot my Dan Wesson. Most liked the Ruger... ?? :s0092:

Thanks. Indeed it does look better in person. I've not had the opportunity to shoot it as a .38 Super, but Velzey assures me it's smooth as silk…

Put a bunch of rounds through it as a 9mm and was duly impressed.
As good as a 9mm may be in any gun, it just leaves me flat in a 1911. On the other hand, the 38 Super just oozes cool. It may not be a practical proposition when it comes to buying ammo easily. If the owner reloads, any thing a Parabellum can do, a Super can do, and then some. It's also gangster and nostalgic. :s0003:

20221208_145531.jpg

Don't know about anybody else, but I have a high regard for Dan Wesson 1911's.
The two I've owned were both very nicely finished, accurate and reliable.
I fell in love with the Bobtail the first time I grabbed it. I traded into a 45 first and then bought a 10mm because it seemed like it was the right thing to do. After a little while I sold the 10mm, because it seemed like the right thing to do. I've owned 9 different 1911's by 5 different manufactures, and the Dan Wesson is the one I kept. I've had the thing so long the night sights aren't really night sights anymore. I carry one of two handguns. This is one of them.
My wife kept the Ruger. Everybody that's shot it has shot my Dan Wesson. Most liked the Ruger... ?? :s0092:

As good as a 9mm may be in any gun, it just leaves me flat in a 1911. On the other hand, the 38 Super just oozes cool. It may not be a practical proposition when it comes to buying ammo easily. If the owner reloads, any thing a Parabellum can do, a Super can do, and then some. It's also gangster and nostalgic. :s0003:
I had a DW ECO in 45 that I ended up selling to a buddy. I had a hankering for a Wilson Combat, otherwise I would have kept it.

My current stash of 1911 & 1911ish pistols, Kimber micro 9, Wilson Sentinel Compact 3.6" BBL & Wilson Experior 4.25" BBL.
All are chambered in 9mm, I know, I know, not JMB's original or God's chosen caliber, but age and other circumstances sometimes force one to modify their behavior.
I do have a S&W 625 PC revolver chambered in .45 acp which in my mind allows me to retain my "man card".

KIMBER MICRO 3.15 BBL.JPG WILSON SENTINEL COMPACT 3.6 BBL.JPG WILSON EXPERIOR.JPG

Last Edited:
Colt Defender 40 S&W

I wasn't looking for one, it found me and the price was right. Need to get some trigger time behind it to see if the factory mags are reliable. It also came with one aftermarket mag with a plastic pink follower.

20230203_001036.jpg

Last Edited:
Had to adopt this odd but sexy combat commander today. 70s serial, 70s blue slide built 1980 but looks like modern accessories....beavertail, magwell, skel trigger, rubber scales. The trigger is amazing... .no sponge just the tiniest play then bang. Clearly somebodys pet project. A lot tighter than government work. Some rash but this will be in the carry rotation.

Screenshot_20230323_171507_Gallery.jpg 20230323_142711.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads