JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SIG 1911 C3
SIG Sauer 1911 C3.JPG

Springfield Armory 1911-A1 (Brazil)
SA 1911-A1.jpg

AMT Hardballer Long Slide (and no, it doesn't have "laaa-zuh sighting...") ;)
AMT 1911.jpg

Last Edited:
I was thinkng bout posting a pic of my Sig Scorpion, then I got 16 pages in and saw one. Nevermind.
Are they somewhat rare, I thought Id see tons of them?

My 1911 style gun started life as a Springfield PX9109LP (SA Loaded) 1911. The following were left original: Springfield Loaded frame with beavertail safety, plunger tube, and ejector; slide with sights; barrel with barrel link and pin, and barrel bushing. All other parts are Ed Brown except the VZ grips. All assembled and tuned by Mac's Precision Gunsmithing. Action has been tuned to 3.5 pound trigger pull. Puts out 3/4" group at 25 yards in a Ransom Rest.

Springfield Loaded 1911.jpg

Springfield Loaded 1911 target.jpg

I vote for the hardballer
Yeah, that thing is a beast. I need to do a little work on it, though. Slide won't lock on empty.
Had a similar problem with the Springfield, but new mag springs fixed that lickety-split.
Tried the same thing on the Hardballer, but it still won't lock. Tried fussin' with the mag lips, too, but that didn't help none, either.
I'm out of home remedy ideas... :oops:

Last Edited:
Yeah, that thing is a beast. I need to do a little work on it. Slide won't lock on empty.
Had a similar problem with the Springfield, but new mag springs fixed that lickety-split.
Tried the same thing on the Hardballer, but it still won't lock. Tried fussin' with the mag lips, too, but that didn't help none, either.
I'm sure you've already checked but...

Make sure the tab on the inside of the slide lock/release is sufficient to be engaged by the magazine...

That's the only feeble idea I have tonight...

Yeah, that thing is a beast. I need to do a little work on it, though. Slide won't lock on empty.
Might try reading on it or lubetube I found alot of good stuff on fixing oddball guns .I .like the unusual firearms

noname stainless barrel let go around 20,000 rounds. after squishing the slide back to original width and a quick mig bead over the crack and fitting a 4140 clark oversize , the round count is well over 80,000. despite its looks it is highly tuned and 100%
DSC03084.JPG

Last Edited:
on original style magazines the lower front left portion of the follower can be bent left/forward/up to ensure engaging the slide stop, although overdoing it will prevent the follower from sliding in the mag body. fixed many magazines that did not catch the stop this way.
1594569135416.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads