JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
7A3F84EA-96D6-4812-8C77-6F1CE5121D05.jpeg So how many parts do you have to replace with wc stuff before you can say it's a wc 1911? When I finish installing everything will be a Thompson frame and slide...in this picture I had already fitted the barrel and bushing I'm doing more work to it in the next few weeks get it ready for spring ;)

And yes this is just a pic I had on my phone

Some Springfield's. 3 Range officers, the 5" and 4" Champion in 45, the Compact in 9mm. A Lipsey's Combat Operator in 45, a Micro Op also 45 and a custom shop 10mm LS w/Leupold Deltapoint Pro.
DSCF2003.JPG

Until yesterday I didn't have a 9mm 1911. The wife and I went to the gunshow in Albany and this Colt (01972CCS) followed us home.

20190112_172507.jpg
The plan is later today she properly breaks it in.

For those who don't know to what I am referring, and are probably wondering "why does he need his wife to break in a new gun", look here: My AR's and how I got them (or how I decided on BCM)

The Gun Gods are not to be dismissed or taken lightly.

:)

What models are the bottom two?
The top one is the Detonics Combat Master (made in Seattle) with later Detonics grips.
The center one is the Detonics Street Master (Commander size) Made in Georgia by Jerry Ahern.
The bottom one is the Detonics 9-11-01 (Full size) Also a Georgia mfg. Serial #0055, the eleventh one built (they started numbering at 0045). The first five were kept at the factory, this is the sixth one sold.

The Combat Master is a conversion by the factory to the "Pistol Pac" .45/.451 Detonics Mag. I worked near the factory in Bellevue, WA as a Fire Marshal and this was my carry gun. They had parts left over from their run of Pistol Pac production, and I was able to talk them into making one up for me.

Haliburton2.jpg

The top one is the Detonics Combat Master (made in Seattle) with later Detonics grips.
The center one is the Detonics Street Master (Commander size) Made in Georgia by Jerry Ahern.
The bottom one is the Detonics 9-11-01 (Full size) Also a Georgia mfg. Serial #0055, the eleventh one built (they started numbering at 0045). The first five were kept at the factory, this is the sixth one sold.

The Combat Master is a conversion by the factory to the "Pistol Pac" .45/.451 Detonics Mag. I worked near the factory in Bellevue, WA as a Fire Marshal and this was my carry gun. They had parts left over from their run of Pistol Pac production, and I was able to talk them into making one up for me.

View attachment 537330

My 1911 mentor was a pistolsmith at Detonics back in the 80's until they closed. He developed the Janus Scoremaster

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top