JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can't find any clear information about the Post Office Parking Lot/Property Amendment for having a firearm in your vehicle when on Post office property. I'm also referring to the State of Washington if anything specific. Anyone have any legal updates?

Last Edited:
I was at the main PO in Vancouver today. I purposely parked on the street and left ALL my weapons and spare mags in the car even though I am legally allowed to park in the handicapped spots. I'm too old and don't want to spend my retirement nest egg fighting something I can easily avoid!

I think the laws apply to the buildings.

You are pretty safe with your firearms stored in your car - if they are legally stored in the car while on a public street, then you are fine in a parking lot.

The exception might be if you went onto a military installation, such as McChord AFB, where different rules and laws apply.

The USPS is not going to be searching cars for firearms.

Same here in this little 2 bit town I live by, they could care less if we CC there. The postal employees (when appropriate) always asks how the battle goes (2A) when I come in...

Hey Jim :)
Isn't it all just about the federal laws on federal property up there same as here?

If you look at the regs from the PO general you can posses a firearm on PO property if you are conducting legal business or any legal activity like walking down the road and you need to check your PO box.
It is not illegal to have a concealed weapon OR OC weapon on PO property.......if you are conducting legal activities
So if you are a bank robber and enter PO property,you are illegal.But if you are checking your mail,then you can ,in fact have a concealed weapon on your person
I did conferm this with a very gun friendly lawyer also.

No you find the link

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Ok I did find this!

www.nagr.org/NAGR-Wins-Right-to-Carry-on-USPS-Property.pdf
Well, that's a Denver Federal Judge, but it doesn't apply to the whole US as I understand it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

If you look at the regs from the PO general you can posses a firearm on PO property if you are conducting legal business or any legal activity like walking down the road and you need to check your PO box.
It is not illegal to have a concealed weapon OR OC weapon on PO property.......if you are conducting legal activities
So if you are a bank robber and enter PO property,you are illegal.But if you are checking your mail,then you can ,in fact have a concealed weapon on your person
I did conferm this with a very gun friendly lawyer also.

No you find the link

Problem is: Will the LEO understand that or will you end up in court and have to pay big $$ to an attorney?
I'm too old and poor to be a test case!

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Problem is: Will the LEO understand that or will you end up in court and have to pay big $$ to an attorney?
I'm too old and poor to be a test case!

Deen
NRA Golden Eagle member

Yep that is just about the way it will go. Let the naive do the test cases and spend all their money.
I'll use mine for Ammo :D

For whats it worth, I was told by a post office employee that local LEO/sheriff do not have jurisdiction on federal property, only federal law enforcement. ...No, I'm not a lawyer or an expert on federal law......;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top