JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, my 10 day clock starts today.
FFL says it won't be "up to", but held 10 days even if check comes back sooner for pistol. I'll see.
Glad it will be my last purchase until PSA MP5 comes out.

Unless I find that 454 Cassul lever action. Or AUG parts kit. Or...

Wait, so he's going to hold your gun for 10 days even if the background check has been completed? I can see why some dealers don't choose to exercise their discretion to release a gun after 10 days if the background check hasn't come back, even if I don't agree with it, but there doesn't seem to be any purpose to him holding it after the background check is completed. I would find a new FFL in the future.

Wait, so he's going to hold your gun for 10 days even if the background check has been completed? I can see why some dealers don't choose to exercise their discretion to release a gun after 10 days if the background check hasn't come back, even if I don't agree with it, but there doesn't seem to be any purpose to him holding it after the background check is completed. I would find a new FFL in the future.
The ten day waiting period is mandatory. If you find "a new FFL" who is willing to do it faster, you might jump right on it. I don't believe he will be in business for long.

Last Edited:
The ten day waiting period is mandatory.
For pistols? I know it is for semi auto rifles, but I thought the rule for pistols was until the background check is completed, or ten days, but if the check wasn't done by ten days the dealer wasn't compelled to complete the transfer.

I understand that it cannot be a rifle or a pistol as it doesn't have a barrel, thus an other.
That would then save the 10 day wait for it being an Assault Rifle. Not sure though how much it would end up costing by the time you bought all the other stuff. Would be kind of fun to do the build but sounds like it could be costly by the time it was over.

That would then save the 10 day wait for it being an Assault Rifle. Not sure though how much it would end up costing by the time you bought all the other stuff. Would be kind of fun to do the build but sounds like it could be costly by the time it was over.
I think another option would be to buy a 22 Charger pistol and use a pistol brace or convert it to a rifle with a new stock and barrel.

This type of attack on our second amendment rights will continue until a significant wave of decent is formed by the citizenship reestablishing what has been effected and lost. Pay close attention to the liberal candidates running for the top office of the land who raise their hand and advertise their intent to control all gun owners, or confiscate all weapons. They obviously don't care at all about our 2nd amendment rights. They consider the constitution a flexible document just waiting for them to make their personal changes on behalf of what gives them the most exposure. They are not trying to reduce crime, they are wanting to control the legitimate, law abiding citizens that pay for everything. 2nd is a right - not a privilege

You would think someone would mention to these politicians the CDC study that said approximately 2 million crimes are prevented per year by gun owners. Make it harder for people to own guns and you get Chicago.

You would think someone would mention to these politicians the CDC study that said approximately 2 million crimes are prevented per year by gun owners. Make it harder for people to own guns and you get Chicago.

Doesn't matter to the grabbers, They prey on an emotional response, not on facts, intellect or reason.

Is there anyone who is just refusing to buy a "SAR" now?

I have been torn over wanting to buy a semi-auto rifle now. I will be moving in about a year or just over a year from now... and I really find it annoying that WA will keep "testing" my eligibility. The RCW even makes it sound like WA *could* forward anything they find to your local authorities and could cause some ruffles there.

I have no issues passing anything as my job requires federal clearances, but it really is annoying and what if someone fouls up with a false positive?

I have been torn over wanting to buy a semi-auto rifle now. I will be moving in about a year or just over a year from now... and I really find it annoying that WA will keep "testing" my eligibility. The RCW even makes it sound like WA *could* forward anything they find to your local authorities and could cause some ruffles there.

I have no issues passing anything as my job requires federal clearances, but it really is annoying and what if someone fouls up with a false positive?
Like I said, I only buy stripped receivers and assemble my own, always as pistols first. As long as they leave that door open, I'm going to ram as much as I can through it until I can't anymore, and by the time I'm through I intend for them to feel like they got sodomized with a 747... and when they close that door I'll just switch to 80%'s and keep on trucking.

#DearSeattleTakeAFatOneUpTheArseAndDieOfAIDS

Like I said, I only buy stripped receivers and assemble my own, always as pistols first. As long as they leave that door open, I'm going to ram as much as I can through it until I can't anymore, and by the time I'm through I intend for them to feel like they got sodomized with a 747... and when they close that door I'll just switch to 80%'s and keep on trucking.

#DearSeattleTakeAFatOneUpTheArseAndDieOfAIDS

Unfortunately I just got into the AK world and buying a 80% or receiver won't be good enough, as I lack everything else to build from a parts kit.

I was dumb not to get the itch 27 days ago.

Of course...many are at least in a 'fingers crossed/wait & see' mode right now rather than rushing down to sign up for yearly-plus background checks/HIPPA waiver for life.

It's interesting the Procrastinator's agonizing over waiting until the very last second. 'If I buy on June 30th...':rolleyes: While we all hoped this train wreck would have suspended or something, everyone paying attention knew it was coming...

Unfortunately, not buying is playing right into the opposition's hands...first, folks are no longer purchasing some of the most popular firearms (SAR is a completely invented/fabricated term). Secondly, folks not buying will also jeopardize gunshops' ability to stay in business. In all likelihood 1639 to put shops under, which is all part of the plan. Which again, is a loss for us. Not to mention those that will loose their livelihood. It really is diabolical.

Those shops that were 'Meh, whatever:rolleyes:' on 1639, how's it feeling now?

And when 1639 is rightly struck down by the courts, do you think those shops that shutter will be brought back? Extremely unlikely.

So even if you aren't buying any semi autos, folks might want to swing by your LGS's (especially those that strongly opposed 1639) and pick up some ammo/accessories/etc. to help keep 'em afloat...if their sales have fallen, you can bet every little bit helps.

Or maybe it's time to pick up that bolt rifle or 870 (while you still can).

$.02 worth.
Boss

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews